Sign in to follow this  

aligning front forks

i took a pretty nasty spill the other day and turned my front wheel out of alignment and i was wonderining if anyody had a effective/practical way to get them back to the centered position. Theu look like they are straight now but it still just doesn't feel right. i don't know if it's just my imagination or if they are actually Still not true. The front end seems to want to wash out a little more easily now and it seems a little harder to get it to turn to the right when i'm leaning into a turn. The bike is a xr400 with stock suspension. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Funny this just happened to me today......just put your bike up on a stand. Loosen your triple clamps just not all the way. Line forks up with tank or whatever. And just kick the front wheel until its straight then tighten the clamps back up.

The best way:

Loosen up the lower triple clamp bolts, and all the axle holder nuts.

Grab the front brake, and jam down the suspension as hard as you can a few times.

Tighten the nuts and bolts, and you're good to go.

a quick fix on the trail is find a tree or a rock, put your front wheel next to it and turn your bars until it's straight. Make sure it's not your bars that are bent.