Sign in to follow this  

leak jet

does anyone know the part # for a #40 leak jet for an 04 wr 250 ? yamahas fisch does not identify the term leak jet or anything for that matter that screws into the bowl itself .the owners manual does , but does not give you a part # . i think its 4jt1494f-03-00 .

4JT-1494F-03-00 according to the faq. I don't think they changed it for 04.

4JT-1494F-03-00 according to the faq. I don't think they changed it for 04.

It is a Good part # 😢

I just ordered a 40 and a 35 last week, don't let them charge you more than about $6.50 each. They tried to charge me $11.50 +/- each (must be sugestive retail)

:)thanks guys 😢 they charged me 12.98 but thats the price i have to pay to get rid of that annoying bog 😢

I think there is more to the bog than a #40 in some cases. I have done the Power Now, #40 LJ, and Zip Fuel Screw and I can honestly say that I can't tell any difference in the bog. I am now going to try pilot jet and/or accelerator pump timing, not necessarily in that order.

Exactly right. Work the rest of your jetting first, until you get it just right. If it still bogs, then go for the leak jet. Just buying a #40 LJ may not be the ticket for YOUR bike. First set the timing then get out the stopwatch (or the video camera), and time the squirt. Check out https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/744584/page//view//sb/5/o//fpart/all/vc/1

then read

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/760697/page//view//sb/5/o//fpart/all/vc/1

and also

www.thumperfaq.com/ap.htm

You guys have probably already seen all of this, but some lurkers might want to read it.

For me putting the JD Jetting kit in with the YZ jets, blocking the ACV, putting in a 100 Pilot Air Jet, and a #60 leak jet worked the magic. Also, running the idle speed at 1800 like I was supposed to worked good too.

By the way, I have the YZ exhaust cam too.

... Check out

|this link|

then read

|this link|

and also

|this link|

barton,

i'm sorry but i'm going to have to sue you for style infringement.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Guilty as charged, wrooster! 😢

Welcome back to your curmudgeonly avatar.