Sign in to follow this  

Dirtygirl VIDEO !!!

Hope this works!

This is footage that was shot and edited by our riding buddy YZFCaptain. Please be patient as it starts out with footage from the first day we EVER set foot (er, butt cheek) on a dirtbike! It also includes a very humiliating setback of mine. It's a "to be continued" video. A big thanks to YZFCaptain for the video and for getting a shot of me jumping into a Hawaiian sunset. (Don't forget to right click and save)

http://www.bigislandvideo.com/video/dirtbike/AandAv2.wmv

Bravo, Bravo...............

very nice! Is this stuff fun or what!

😢 :cry:

looking good. now and then. 😢

why no gear back in the day?

That first day we rode, we knew absolutely nothing about riding dirtbikes. We just knew that we were going to go with a friend to get on the bike and see what it was like. Who knew about boots, gloves, chest protectors, etc?! Of course, common sense told me a helmet would be appropriate...but I wasn't going to buy a helmet for what I thought might be a 5 minute ride. Didn't know I was going to be hooked for good...didn't know the names Ricky, Travis, Bubba, etc would actually be familiar to me one day. Anyway, after those first rides we were hooked and got some gear. The more recent footage still doesn't show us in full gear. We haven't added any really recent footage yet. We have lots of gear now!

Well done video 😢 :cry: That was fun to watch - Thanks

awsome video... 😢 Who was the guy who crashed on the Yammie... i saw that coming.... 😢

That was my husband. He accidentally ended up in neutral on the way up that jump...he knew it was coming too!!!!

Everytime I see your pictures and such, I just can't get over how nice of a place you have over there to ride... It's simply beautifull. I can't imagine how nice it would be to ride with the water in the distance like that.

I wonder if you guys know just how good you have it there...

Btw, great video... I loved it when he crashed on the jump, then walked back over to it to see what the jump did wrong. As if it wasn't his fault he crashed. 😢

Cool video!!...I bet your KX feels like a feather compared too the Xt!! Great job on the sound track. 😢 :cry:

how long ago was the "old footage"?

The first scenes (the ones where we have no protective gear on) are from April 2003, I think. Again, this is the first time we had ever ridden dirt bikes. The footage where my husband does a face plant (and his first no handed landing!) was from later in the year, 2003. The last scenes are from earlier this year...spring. We'll eventually continue the video with some footage from this summer and fall.

Dirty Girl... you are the shiznit!!!

Thanks! I've always wanted to be a shiznit!

We should be thanking YZFCaptain as he is the one making us look good in the video. You know, he kept yelling "make love to the camera"...my husband wasn't too keen on that.

Awesome video! Very well put together...Very nice! 😢 You guys sure learned quick on jumping....I guess I just need to be more aggressive at it. 😢

You got "nice" knees!!! 😢 :cry:

Great Vid.

Don 😢

Cool video, your lucky it was your knee & not your head in that crash...

I cant believe whoever was loaning you the bikes to learn on did not

give you proper safety equipment... 😢

And I suppose you go out and buy every person that rides your bike a new helmet or something?

The only people in the world I'd let wear my helmet would be my wife or kid, and not only would my helmet not fit either of them, neither would wear it. I don't know what the weather is like where you ride, but down here we sweat, and sweat is diluted piss and I don't know if its just me or not, but the only person's diluted piss that's going on my head is mine.

All you can do is help them be safe and get through the ride without hurting themselves if possible. When you let someone else ride its not your responsibility to provide a full compliment of gear for them...