Dirtygirl VIDEO !!!

It took forever....I mean forever last night (slow dial up) to finaly down load the video...the family enjoyed it! Thanks. ?

For the rest of the post ?

I am from California...so, I am not liked? what am I to do? ?

Actually, I haven't met you yet so I can't say... So far you may be an exception to the rule... ?

It's unlikely though... ?

for the record....

this attitude is EXACTALLY why i wish FL would just sink into the ocean....and I grew up there. I think the sun cooks people brains down there. ??

Oh BTW. nice vid DG...BUT gotta go with Kawi on this. Been riding since i was 4 and won't go any where w/o at least wereing a lid. ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool video, your lucky it was your knee & not your head in that crash...

I cant believe whoever was loaning you the bikes to learn on did not

give you proper safety equipment... ?

The person who loaned me the bike WOULD have felt terrible if I had hit my head or if I had gotten seriously injured. In fact, he felt pretty darn bad about me hurting my knee. It wasn't a bad injury...but after about four hours it was extremely painful and I couldn't work as a Captain for a few days. It hurt for about six months (to a lesser degree). ANYWAY, none of us (the bike loaner included) was experienced in dirt riding. YES, we figured we should have helmets on, YES, we figured there was other gear we should be wearing. NO, we did not know we would become dirt bike riders. None of us had dirt bike helmets or any other gear...no, not even the owner of the bike...he used it to get back and forth to work. His street helmet would not have worked at all. I wear a KID'S size helmet for my little pea head. The whole situation was us saying, "gee, I wonder what it would be like to ride in the dirt"! I never even thought that the loaner of the bike should have told me about gear...I took full responsibility for deciding to ride without gear. (OK, now I am getting sidetracked on this topic!)

I guess what I would like to say is this. I appreciate both of the first replies each of you made. After that, it kind of took away from the fun of my video post. I am not in any way saying you weren't both making valid arguements, though. It's a tough situation...are you responsible or not...when you loan your bike to someone? I hope to get some of my other friends into riding. In that case, we would come up with gear for them to wear on their first ride. If they try it and like it and want to continue riding, then we can let them know about the gear they will need to get for themselves. Perhaps another thread in the OT or General forums would be a great place for this topic because it is a very good question.

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the video. I was very excited about fianlly being able to post it.

The best part of the video is when she looks up and say's ooowwha! ? At least you get to see who she realy is....way to long of a shot of the knee....the Oouuwha and the face was much better.

I guess I'm OK with having a better face than knee. My husband likes the "Oouuwha" too!

By the way...after that little spill, I got back on and rode for a few more minutes. That was before the pain kicked in.

Man, that was a cool video. It's fun to see someone start off knowing very little and the next thing you know they are catching some air and doing no handed landings.

Nice video and the 'gear' comments are lame. Everyones hopped on a bike at one point without gear, at least if you live out where I am at. ?

I agree, very nice work on the video! I like the way it shows your progression starting out slow and easy and then Battery kicks in and you're both tearing it up and bustin out tailwhips like pros. ? What's the time frame between the first clip and last last? Mike

Great video. Do you load the sus. when you begin the jump?

I think my husband does...but I don't. The jump is a little different each time we go there. Sometimes quad riders go over it and, of course, that changes it. We grab a shovel and build a little kicker at the top of the jump that can send you flying. Also, there was a big rock on one side of the take off that my husband used to kick himself sideways to aid in the whip process. He was bummed when someone moved that rock.

Was yer husband mad after he fell down?

Love the vid.

No way. It takes a lot more than that to make him mad. He wasn't very happy about accidentally shifting into neutral on the way up the jump, though. The first question after a crash is, "did you get that on video?!" I think we'll do a crash video with all of our mishaps.

LOL, That was awesome, love the background music ? You should dub in some monotone voice saying things like "This is Jane, she enjoys riding dirtbikes, see Jane go" "Poor Jim, he can't seem to start his motorbike, Jim is unhappy" "Ouch, Jane just took a nasty fall, maybe protective riding gear (or ANY gear) could have saved her knee" ? Remember those school videos ? :cry: