Sat 10/30 Georgetown 1/2 day ride + Volunteer Trail Maintenance day

last week's volunteer Trail maintenance day was posponed to the 30th as I recall. Long range weather.com calls for a 3 day dry out period later this week. I'll confirm it with the ranger if the 30th is on and post up again.... or anyone else who knows... yzwiley, brewster or others lets us know, etc.

if it's on for this saturday, we can sure use lots of hands to help out. I rode GT yesterday. We had a blast including riding over some new sections and repaired old ones. Thank you to those volunteers who came before us. This Volunteer trail maintenance program at GT is the best way I've seen to give back to our National forests, preserve trail riding for the next generation and make peace with the rangers.........all good stuff. ?

BigBob;

Good chance that I'll be there. Even though the work day on the 16 was canceled due to the smoke, Jon and I went out and did some work on one of the non-motorized trails.

Bob, you've been doing lots of riding in the Rock Creek area lately, so be sure to give Jon some fed back on the trail condidtions so that he'll know where work is needed. I already mentioned to him that the new part of the trail near the Little Silver bridge is rutting out.

Ride on

Brewster

The trails at Georgetown were too PERFECT last week. I'm going to Georgetown again this Saturday. If the trail maintenance thing is on, then I'll work till noon and RIDE till 5....if the trail maintenance thing don't happen I'll ride all day. I'll call the ranger and ask. I e-mailed Jon Jue yesterday but have not heard back yet.......either way it's Georgetown/Rock Creek all the way all day this Saturday 10/30

come one out do some trail work and ride some awesome conditions. The current GT rain closure will be over by Saturday as we have more the 48 hours of dry between now and then. ?

have to agree with on the trails last week Bob. I made it out later in the day with my riding buddies for a good 60 miles through the tacky and slippery trails. The deep water crossing was a bit deeper this time around but very doable. The normally nasty hill climb on 1&4 was soo nice to go up this time, finally got some traction!! I am going to try and make it up on saturday. ?

I called the ranger (Thursday noon) and they confirmed that this Saturday 10/30 is going to be a Volunteer Trail maintnence day. ? meet at mace mills bulletin board at 830 am.

I hope someone comes with a dirt bike so we can ride in the afternoon...so far I got no takers on my 1/2 day ride post. ? :cry:

If you want to ride only lets meet at 12:00 noon (12:30 at the latest.) at mace mills. I have a white tundra, a red dog and a blue DRZ.

just got a message from Jon, the trail work spots are gonna be quite a hike in, (1/2 mile to one and 3 miles to the other yikes) so no boomer on this trip. the old boy can't hike far anymore ? and because of the hike and drive to the work spot is long....don't expect I'll be back to mace mills till 12:30 ready to ride at 1:00 pm for the afternoon ride......if any body gives a damn........ (my saturday is looking weak...all trail work no play. ?)

• 5 years later...