Sign in to follow this  

My Conversion is done!!!!! .......Finally

Well guys I finished pretty much evrything. I have some small nic-nac stuff to do other than that its done.

I would like to thank:

XRDEZRAT, for the help with the motor conversion(atc200x to xr200)

Socalxr, thanks for returning my emails and answering my questions.

CYCLENUT, for giving me some measurements

ACS

Minifig-phil

Everone else who has shared their thoughts and ideas.

I hope im not forgeting anyone 😢

and last but not least Ebay!

I couldnt have done this without you guys and Thumpertalk. 😢

Here it is......

cxr200x_1.jpg

cxr200x_2.jpg

cxr200x_3.jpg

Thanks again for EVERONE'S help 😢

Toad, NICE! 😢 Is that the "big fin" ATC cylinder on your engine? How bout letting us all now what you had to go through to convert the ATC200 engine to what you ended up with?....Karl

Thanks Karl!

Yes its the "big fin".

The conversion is really easy. I started with a 85 atc200x motor.

I got a 83 XR200 clutch side cover, a 83 XR200 kick starter shaft and I forget what year kickstarter somewhere around 83 😢

all from ebay!

split the cases and swap out the kickstarter shaft. Its a direct replacement. re-assemble the motor and slap the XR side cover on it. Its really that easy...

P.S. you dont have to use 83 parts, I think you can use 86 and newer stuff as well

It looks fantastic. Well done. 😢

Now can I see a website coming complete with build pics..... 😢

Looks great! How's she rip? (and then the followup question....would you say it was worth it?)

Thats pretty mint. I bet with less weight from the cr frame it'll fly. Thats a CR80 frame aye? Nice finish anyway, tight fit though.

John

VEry Sweet!!

To bad we all live so far apart It would be a blast if we could all get together and go for a ride!

Great job 😢😢

I can't believe nobody has complimented the aluminum tank yet! Man that makes the bike look so "works."

The first thought I had was was . . . "Holy crap, that's an aluminum tank!!!!!" How many hours was that???? Look Works!!

Just Beautiful. 😢

Thanks for the praise you guys, I really appreciate it!

That freakin gas tank was a project in it self!! 😢

I probably have a good 50 hrs into it. It kicked my %$#@&. 😢

Looks great! How's she rip? (and then the followup question....would you say it was worth it?)

Dingus~

I fired it, It sounded REAL good. My kickstarter started acting up again, so I havent really had a chance to ride it. I rode it about 5 feet though 😢

It was worth it!! Im really happy with the way it came out, and I learned alot in the process. Maybe a aluminum frame is next 😢, we'll have to see.....

Phil~

That is too bad we all live far apart(except for socal and I). It would be a blast if we could all hook up and ride!!! 😢

Yeah Phil, you need to come out this winter. I have two extra rooms, space for your bikes, and a little track. 😢

Toad,

What year chassis did you start out with? I like the way the two frame rails extend up to the front of the engine, most conversions come together at the cases.

Did you use the CR85 plastic and seat?

Looks great!

Joe

Mossman~

Its a 99 chassis. I got the idea for the frame rails from a bbr steel framed conversion(100) I saw at glen helen. It made it a little easier that way 😢

Yes the tank shrouds and side panels are 03 cr85, the seat and fenders are 99. I started with a 99 😢

Thanks!

Cool, I just bought a 99. That is the basis for my conversion, only I am just doing a bored and stroked 100 engine. I wanted to add the updated plastic to mine also, they just killer with new shrouds.

Joe