My Conversion is done!!!!! .......Finally

Well guys I finished pretty much evrything. I have some small nic-nac stuff to do other than that its done.

I would like to thank:

XRDEZRAT, for the help with the motor conversion(atc200x to xr200)

Socalxr, thanks for returning my emails and answering my questions.

CYCLENUT, for giving me some measurements

ACS

Minifig-phil

Everone else who has shared their thoughts and ideas.

I hope im not forgeting anyone ?

and last but not least Ebay!

I couldnt have done this without you guys and Thumpertalk. ?

Here it is......

cxr200x_1.jpg

cxr200x_2.jpg

cxr200x_3.jpg

Thanks again for EVERONE'S help ?

Thanks Karl!

Yes its the "big fin".

The conversion is really easy. I started with a 85 atc200x motor.

I got a 83 XR200 clutch side cover, a 83 XR200 kick starter shaft and I forget what year kickstarter somewhere around 83 ?

all from ebay!

split the cases and swap out the kickstarter shaft. Its a direct replacement. re-assemble the motor and slap the XR side cover on it. Its really that easy...

P.S. you dont have to use 83 parts, I think you can use 86 and newer stuff as well

Thanks for the praise you guys, I really appreciate it!

That freakin gas tank was a project in it self!! ?

I probably have a good 50 hrs into it. It kicked my %$#@&. ?

Looks great! How's she rip? (and then the followup question....would you say it was worth it?)

Dingus~

I fired it, It sounded REAL good. My kickstarter started acting up again, so I havent really had a chance to ride it. I rode it about 5 feet though ?

It was worth it!! Im really happy with the way it came out, and I learned alot in the process. Maybe a aluminum frame is next ?, we'll have to see.....

Phil~

That is too bad we all live far apart(except for socal and I). It would be a blast if we could all hook up and ride!!! ?

Mossman~

Its a 99 chassis. I got the idea for the frame rails from a bbr steel framed conversion(100) I saw at glen helen. It made it a little easier that way ?

Yes the tank shrouds and side panels are 03 cr85, the seat and fenders are 99. I started with a 99 ?

Thanks!