Sign in to follow this  

charleston riders?

Me and a couple of guys are hoping to visit charleston thanksgiving weekend to check the town out and all of that good stuff but would also like to hit some dirt if there is any nearby. I will be on a DRZ, another will be on a green DRZ and one will be on a KLR. Any of you guys live in or around charleston that maybe can show fellow TT'rs around, we'd be much obliged.

The local trail system is closed for repairs and improvements. The closst trails open are Manchester, thats above I-95. Check www.scohv.org for a list of tracks and trails, and be sure to call before you haul!

Robert 😢

Looks like manchester is closed except sunday during hunting season. Oh well, I can put around charleston and check some sites out on the DRZ. I was kinda leaning toward staying at the KOA in Mt Pleasant, any suggestions? Is Dunleavy's Pub still open on sullivans island? I have only been to charleston once and fell in love with this place, any sites you recommend or scenic rides?

Scenic rides? Ride Folly Road, stop and eat at Bowens Island, then finish up at Folly Beach. Ride Maybank Hwy out to Rockville. Ride the Cooper River bridge, see the longest cable-stayed bridge in this hemisphere being constructed. Check out the USS Yorktown Carrier and Confederate Submarine CSS Hunley.

Be careful, the locals can be visually impaired!

Robert 😢