Sign in to follow this  

U.S. Open

did anyone else watch it. the nbc people were terrable. i think that reed is gonna smoke, the supercross, series

Yes, I saw it. It wasn't very good. I was at the race and was looking forward to better coverage for the things I missed. That not only didn't happen, they showed about 1/8th of the racing. It was listed as an hour and half on Tivo but ended up being an hour. I bet it was "edited" due to suck-ass NASCAR running over.

Thw worst part was the racing. The track sucked.

The other riders should be ashamed.....it wasn't a race when only two riders had a chance of winning....

pathetic race....

Yeah the beginning was bumped by NASCAR....oh well 😢

After he fell, Reed made up some laps quickly. Hope he'll be a winner this coming season. 😢

I agree. IMO, the track was a moronic setup.

I dunno.. maybe it's cuz I don't like watching mx bikes

riding thru and around turnstiles. It's like riding your bicycle

in your closet. Too much like a circus.

i only got to see the last 6 laps. because right after the race they cut in with a special report about the plane crash. but during their special report they still stoped to show commercials. i was ans am pissed.

I know....they interupted about 3 times with that so called Special Report, which was, a plane crashed, there are no survivors and we have no other info until the next of kin have been notified.....

They knew about the plane crash during the NASCAR race but never interupted the race? What's up with that? 😢

Come on.....stop complaining... 😢

You didn't miss anything...

You guys make it seems like it was an exciting race.... 😢

The only guy who really wanted to win was Chad Reed.

RC definitely had no pressure since he was using the race as another test session for his new RM250.

He even let Chad by because he felt he was not at Chad's speed that night.

And you guys call it a race? No one showed up...

The guys after RC didn't even challenge Chad or RC.

What a shame....all the pros out there and they can't even make it look respectible....

Come on.....stop complaining...

You didn't miss anything...

You guys make it seems like it was an exciting race....

I agree. I set the VCR for the hour that it was supposed to be on so I had recorded Nascar and very little US Open race action. But I wasn't disappointed. I was getting bored when the tape ended.

Why didn't Mr. bubba show? Can he not use 100K and some test time on the 250?

😢

True quote from the end of the NASCAR race, which ran way long because of all the crashes and cautions, and bumped most of the SX coverage:

This is probably the first time that the pace car will earn the point for leading the most laps!

:moon:NASCAR 😢

I watched it, RC was the fastest out there until the clutch broke on night 2. I did see RC let Reed by in night 1. It will not be that easy during the real season for Reed. I don't think he can beet RC indoors or outdoors for that matter. Bubba said he was not ready for the race. I think he didn't want to waste his time on that hokey track.

I would not call the US open a real race at all. That place would not even make a decent areacross. 😢

I also saw Voss being really nice to Reedy a couple of time Voss could have slammed the door on him and didn't.

I am not a huge RC fan but he is still the best 250 rider indoors and outdoors from what I have seen. 😢

I'm w/ Linco on this one. RC holeshot and was 9 seconds ahead when his clutch went out (don't know about you guys but it kind of looked like his rear wheel went to high on the berm and when he throttled it it blew the back of the berm out. Watch it again if you can and look closely. There was a big part of the berm gone and the bags were shot backwards. 😢)

Anyway if RC hadn't gone down there he had it in the bag.

Agreed on the s**tty track. Looked slick as all hell.

It was cool seeing Reed's helmet cam angle. Gave you a real appreciation for the rhythm those guys have on the track. 😢

im gonna have to go witht he guys who said no one showed up reed is just so good he doesnt have to show up to win jk but i think no one tryed to hard and it will be a great season im hoping it goes back and forth tired of watching the same winners every race but i still hope the yamahas are on top

Chad Reed = Rodney Dangerfield. He gets no respect! Come on, he won both nights, Reed fell and so did RC and Chad was catching up. And Reed beat RC the last 3 or 4 races of the 2003 Supercross season. you people just be hatin the man in blue! I dont think RC will dominate the indoor supercross races any more, outdoors he will probably have a couple more years left on top, but then it's gonna be Reed and Bubba doing battle. IMO

No disrespect to Reedy, he is a great rider, but was NOT catching RC. It was a stedy 9 second lead until RC's bike broke. (clutch that is) If that did not happen RC would have won the hokey little event. Think what you want but I would be happy to put my money on RC for this coming season. He may not dominate the SX season like he does the outdoors,but he will win the SX and MX championships I think. 😢