Sign in to follow this  

Wanted: Rib cage for 1967 American Male

Took the DRZ out to the local riding spot for some fun. I was going to ride trails, but they were really swampy in places. Decided to go down to the MX track. Hadn't been on an MX track in 20 years. I was having a blast, catching some air, sliding around the corners... Ouch!!! Front tire washed out to the right and I bounced off the left side of my chest HARD! If I knew I was going to do it, would I have gone anyway? Yup.

Going to see the doc tomorrow, I think I cracked a rib or two. Should have been wearing a chest protector. Couldn't afford it with all the other new stuff I've been buying to support my new (old) hobby. Have you seen the Honda ad? Stupid Hurts.

Sorry you got reminded of not being a kid anymore. I am fiddythree and can relate.

Doc ain't gonna do much except tell ya what you already know but maybe he will give ya something for Pain, Save a couple of them and keep um in your trail pack for an emergency so you can limp home in the future. Somethin will happen again I promise.

I got a pretty good discount buying all my motto gear the same time I got the bike.

It was embarassing to show up with a new shinny bright yellow bike and all new ridding gear. Seems like lots of serious ridders will use the old duct tape to hold stuff together rather than by something new and if they do they don't wear it all at the same time.

LOL hehehehe Every scratch and tear is a story to be told after the ride. The story gets bigger with every beer......

If you have a gray beard, don't speak, ride average, you won't get much abuse 😢

I went into this knowing that stuff was going to get scratched and dented, including me. I've never been afraid of getting scratched and dented if it involved having large amounts of fun. It just comes with the territory. I never expected to get this big of a dent on my first day back on the track. Oh well! I can't wait to get back out there. 😢