Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse on '03 YZF250?

I've just put one in mine after riding a freinds CRF450 with one. Had two rides on it so far. One at the MX track and one in the forest. love it. Takes a slight readjustment to your riding technique but once your on top of that it's great.

With it did it make the bike seem down on power? As in not being able to used the clutch... How was it on the MX track, any problems? Do you still have the clutch lever, or did you go to the rear brake on the bars? Thanks... 😢

My old lady has one on her 03 YZ250F. It still has the clutch lever. I ride this bike almost every time we go to a MX track just to make sure everything works properly, so I have some seat time with the auto clutch (my 426 has it too).

It works perfect for the small bore, perfect traction coming out of the corners, no more stalling, and always seems you are in the right gear. I don't think it slowed the engine very much at all.

With it did it make the bike seem down on power? As in not being able to used the clutch... How was it on the MX track, any problems? Do you still have the clutch lever, or did you go to the rear brake on the bars?

I have a Rekluse with the perch adjuster so I have a clutch lever. It comes with 2 springs. 1 for offroad and 1 for MX. The springs allow for adjustment to control the actuator speed.

The offroad spring is light and engages quickly. It works well for slow technical riding and provides "normal" engine braking.

The MX spring is heavier and can be adjusted to provide engine braking too but basically it doesn't if adjusted near the middle of the range.

Now the MX spring gives good 2nd gear starts. The Offroad spring engages too quickly requiring you to do 1st gear starts (if you are racing). The offroad spring will still allow you to smoothly start in 2nd it just doesn't rev quickly until you get going a bit. The MX spring will just roost away in 2nd. The MX spring is meant to slip so that when you land from a jump, if the throttle is off that no engine braking will apply since that may cause a crash.

The clutch lever may be used during a 2nd gear race start with the offroad spring. I ride offroad and the places that it really shines is in the most technical stuff. Especially uphills. It is also great when you are stuck. You can lift the rear fender and twist the throttle at the same time to get out of a mud hole way faster than if you had to use the clutch lever.

I can go uphill, through the trees, with nasty roots and pass many riders better than I all at the same time. The rekluse rocks. 😢

got one on my o1 250f and it shines.i also have a big borestroker 302 kit on this bike and no problems with the low end torque.Lap times went up five miles an hour.(wich is good for me,cuz i just ride C class.(harescrambles)