Sign in to follow this  

Taskers Gap

Does anyone know the trails at Taskers well enough to label No. Va Trail Riders ( http://www.nvtr.org/taskers.html )map with colors that coincide with the actual trail arrows at Taskers - i.e. - blue, white, pink Great place to ride but it was easy to get confused.

I've been there a bunch of times, including last weekend, but I didn't pay attention to what color the markings were. After you go there 2 or 3 times you won't have any problem getting around. Just be sure to avoid the one trail (boulders) that is actually called Taskers Gap. It's labeled 495 on the map.

Thanks. I found a brochure from the Lee District that had a map with colors that coincided with the colored V's on the trail. Too late on the Tasker's Gap trail. That's the only way we could figure out how to get back to the parking lot.

I would also stay away from the "Orange" trail on the Peters Mill Run side of the road. Just stay on the jeep trail.

Is that because it's big boulders and tons of rock ledges?

That's an understatement! We tried this trail a few weeks ago and when we got to the boulder hopping uphill double switchback section right after the log crossing, we realized this trail is for trials machines and we bailed out.

Do you need a dual sport for those trails or can the bike be unlicensed? Also can my 8 year old ride there on his bike or is there an minimum age?

Thanks,

Lee

Do you need a dual sport for those trails or can the bike be unlicensed? Also can my 8 year old ride there on his bike or is there an minimum age?

Thanks,

Lee

When we were out there last weekend, we saw a 10 yr old? on a PW80 and he was doing pretty well. Might be a little bumpy for an 8 yr old but not undoable. 😢

Sounds like a tt ride one week-end.....I would love to go with some guys that know the area.