Sign in to follow this  

Women have it rough at MX tracks!

I took my son to RED BUD yesterday for the last open ride of the season. It was pretty muddy. More on that later.

I overheard some young ladies--"we can't go in there--it's so gross!" They were refering to the chemical toilet.

They got brave and went up to a motorhome and asked to use the bathroom. They were let in. Nice people. BUT--I am not sure I would want my daughter knocking on stranger's motorhomes to use the bathroom. I have read many comments about females on this site by you guys--I won't say more!!!

Anyway, I finally had to relieve myself so I wandered over to the chem john. WHOA! It was really gross. I am glad I don't have to sit down to pee and I was really glad I did my BM at home before I left! If I would have sat down--the pile of crap would have touched me! Not only that---it seems that a lot of people just plain can't aim. Or maybe thier's is bent from tanking it too many times? I sure was glad I was a guy! This toilet reminded me of the ones at the nationals held there in July. Just plain nasty!

You know--even just a few permenant cement out houses would be great--just hit them every day with a pressure washer!

I think I am going to invest in a small chem toilet for campers and keep it in the trailer. Maybe my wife and duaghter may then want to come watch the races. It will prove handy at trail heads too. Back to the track--it was prepped pretty nice considering the rain we had the day before. They had rolled the track to pack it down before the rain came so it wasn't as muddy as it could have been. A few parts were pretty deep, but things dried out. I heard several riders say "I'm not riding that any more--I'm done" as they lit up cigarettes.

There were two pretty fast kids on 85's (my son not one of them!) who were really wicking it up. Doubling LaRocco's leap, flying the tunnel before it, and totally clearing the big table top after the leap. Oh, and really hitting the whoop section hard. One kid was even doing the double doubles down in the valley. Pretty impressive on an 85--especially considering how muddy it was. Not a lot of big bikes doing that stuff. One quad was--that guy was good! The bike wash station was on overload! I am sure a lot of brake pads will be ordered today. Not a good day for BNG's and white riding clothes! You could really tell a lot of riders can't ride mud--but the ones who did go out got some quality mud practice in and I could actually see some of them improve as the day went on. I don't think anyone got hurt either. I think the mud kept most riders from trying to go big. There were a lot of tip overs in the ruts when riders would climb out or try to change lines. And there were many lines to choose from too.

Red Bud's track yesterday was the "essense of outdoor motocross"!

In a race it's always the stuff that you avoid that costs you time. Good for you practicing mud. That'll work for your benefit at a race someday. 😢

I have to practice mud holes 😢

Sounds like a great day at the Bud. Bottomless mud and waist deep ruts. Sign me up 😢 Sorry I mised it. How many 2 strokes did you see out there in a steam bath as they let there last breath out.....Weeezzeee........ Mud and 2 strokes is not a good combo. I have seen soo many blown up cause of the mud. Wide open with the radiators covered with mudd. Not a good combo.

I would the bathroom issue is made worse with people tracking in mud. But still. How hard would it be to have someone out there to service the Johns once during these events.