Sign in to follow this  

Finall got it ...but now I need suggestions....

Finally got it ..I had to pick it up....750 miles ONE way...but saved a ton of $$$ ...so leave money for mods..

Anyway I have a question....

1. IS anyone using the twin air filter without the billet cage and using the stock cage..I try this on my 04 crf250r and the twin air did not seal as good a s the stocker in the stock cage.

2 what it the diference between X ring and O ring chians ? do you have to DO ANYTHING different if you use x ring or O ring to your spockets...I think I seeen where someone had to use a spacer ...or something like that

3. On my o4 crf250 I the bike came with a special needle jet tool...I don't see it on my new crf450...I'm I missing it ?

4.Did anyone change the rear sprocket to a 50 if so how do you like it ?

1. IS anyone using the twin air filter without the billet cage and using the stock cage..I try this on my 04 crf250r and the twin air did not seal as good a s the stocker in the stock cage.

I just removed the screen from the stock cage and use the stock airfilter; it seals really good.

2 what it the diference between X ring and O ring chians ? do you have to DO ANYTHING different if you use x ring or O ring to your spockets...I think I seeen where someone had to use a spacer ...or something like that

Technically, x-rings seal beter than o-rings with less stiction. Realistically, I don't know if anyone can tell the difference! Use a .020" spacer on the engine side of the c/s sprocket for clearance of the wider chain and the left case.

3. On my o4 crf250 I the bike came with a special needle jet tool...I don't see it on my new crf450...I'm I missing it ?

Mine just came with a spoke wrench (which needs to be used a lot!)

4.Did anyone change the rear sprocket to a 50 if so how do you like it ?

For the winter sand MX track (tons of hills), I plan on going to a 49 (48 is stock). If your a trailrider doing slow, tight technical trails, many folks do drop a couple of teeth on the back. Hope this helps 😢

If your a trailrider doing slow, tight technical trails, many folks do drop a couple of teeth on the back. Hope this helps

Actually, they add teeth to the rear, usually 2-3 teeth.

It's all in the interpretation. If he dropped the teeth and they landed on his sprocket and stuck to it...oh never mind 😢

Use the money you saved to go get you suspension set up!