Sign in to follow this  

Which Exhaust is the best choice?

I ordered my jetting from my local dealer today and will have that done soon. I will open up the airbox and I have a Uni filter ready to go.

The last thing I want to get done is to get a new pipe.

Does anyone have any of the pipes listed below and what do you think of them? I'm not worried about which is the cheapest, I just want something that is good.

White Brothers R4 Exhaust

BBR Exhaust

Big Gun Race Exhaust

Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust

I am looking mainly for for riding hill climbs. I am leaning towards the Big Gun, but I don't really have a reason why. Is one of these others better?

There have been many riders here that have purchased and installed aftermarket exhaust systems with varied results.

Its been my observation that none really helped the performance significantly, but all tended to make the engine MUCH louder.

Are you really a Raiders fan?? Will the Raiders even finish as well as last year ?? San Diego is going to CRUSH the Raiders this Sunday !! (maybe) 😢

I tend to agree that they don't improve performance, but to be a little picky, the engine isn't louder, the exhaust is.

I have a pro circuit on my son's 230 and it sounds pretty good. A little loud, but good. A bunch of us have ridden it and think that part of the fun of that bike is that it sounds like you are going faster and it is more powerful than it really is. So, from a pure visceral, blood pumping fun standpoint a aftermarket exhaust is nice. However I wouldn't buy it until I had done the other performance mods and typical upgrades. Powerup needle, skidplate, brushguards, better tires, that sort of thing.

Woodbutcher,

I've been reading this and the mini xr forum for a couple years now and this is the first time I've read the word "visceral". 😢 Good job!!!

BIG GUN tons of torque and bottom to mid but the pipe still doesn't run up top good over all pipe and sounds awsome good luck with your decision 😢

BIG GUN tons of torque and bottom to mid but the pipe still doesn't run up top good over all pipe and sounds awsome good luck with your decision 😢

I went with the Big Gun....and I am very happy. Added the power-up kit, rev box, opened the air-box and added a uni-filter. The bike sounds great and sure feels like it has some more "thump" to it. 😢

Some hills climbs at Carniege will be the real test.

So an aftermarket pipe really doesnt help? Just makes it louder, which is bad if your doing riding in spots you shoudnt be in. 😢