Sign in to follow this  

Removing fork caps??

Last time I removed my fork caps, I used my neighbor's HUGE adjustable wrench. It worked pretty well but since then I've been trying to find a 50mm socket and can't seem to find one anywhere. The Snapon website has one but it's $90.00! 😢

Other than buying Motion-Pro's tool, what are you guys doing to remove your fork caps?

EBAY do a search for CRF250 and you will find a guy who makes them with his CNC machine pretty cheap. They work great.

channel locks and rap them in a towel so they dont scratch, they arent to tight so it works fine. the other option is to go buy a piece of metal and cut your own tool.

channel locks and rap them in a towel so they dont scratch, they arent to tight so it works fine. the other option is to go buy a piece of metal and cut your own tool.

Jimmy, I've thought about the channel lock method but was scared I'd screw up my caps. I'll take your advice on the rag thing and just be careful.

Thanks!

EBAY do a search for CRF250 and you will find a guy who makes them with his CNC machine pretty cheap. They work great.

I agree, get the right tool so that there are no mistakes. The metal on the caps is pretty soft and the right tool takes the guess work out of the equation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2496819771&category=34284

The guy has them on there all the time.

Got mine from the dude on ebay too. You also get the spring holder too. 😢

Yeah, I'm buying the right tool. I found the actual Motion Pro tool on eBay for $18.95 so I bought it.

D, did you ride over the weekend? Soggy as hell everywhere!

sad to say, but i have not been on my bike in about 3 weeks. hopefully, there will be a turn around this weekend. hope the rain holds off this week.

sad to say, but i have not been on my bike in about 3 weeks. hopefully, there will be a turn around this weekend. hope the rain holds off this week.

After Juli got sick, I haven't been on any REAL riding trips in about 3 or 4 weeks myself. So let's ride this weekend dammit! Pick the place and we'll hook up.

Last time I removed my fork caps, I used my neighbor's HUGE adjustable wrench. It worked pretty well but since then I've been trying to find a 50mm socket and can't seem to find one anywhere. The Snapon website has one but it's $90.00! 😢

Other than buying Motion-Pro's tool, what are you guys doing to remove your fork caps?

A 50mm socket will not work anyway. The fork cap is 8-sided, not 6-sided.