Sign in to follow this  

Relocation Info

I'm taking a job in Oregon and relocating to the Grants pass area and as part of my important things to do list until the actual move I'm looking for riding info (priorities you know). AMA district info., clubs, events, etc. I've been to Grants Pass many times but never riden there. I ride 75% desert and 25% tracks. I have friends and family in the area, but none of them ride. We are a camping and riding type of family and are hoping to be able to continue this in Oregon. One thing I'm sure going to miss about California is the wide open, camp anywhere desert. Any info would be greatly apreciated. 😢

You might also look at. www.motorcycleridersassoc.org

We have a hare scrambles in the end of April or the first part of May. Plus two family fun poker runs a year. The club owns almost 300 acres in the Johns Peak/Timber Mountain riding area. We are an AMA sanctioned club and some of us go to the desert to play over Memorial day week end but no events as such

Jim

Most definitly check out the Prospect OHV area, only open form July to end of Nov though, lot of camping for family oriented outings, most trails are wide enough for a quad, only a few trails for the die hard single track fan but all pretty well maintained.

Johns Peak is a must, lots to do there, trails of all degree of difficulty, not an OHV area yet. I above mentioned club is having a Ghost and Goblins Poker run this weekend on Sun. if your in the area, a great family event.