Please Help! WR450 bogging out at half throttle.

Carb (I think) problem. I get about half throttle and the bike just bogs out. The only thing I can think of is that when I used a dermal to carve out the air-box, I must have missed something. I cleaned everything out and put the filter back on. Everything ran great and then after about 30 miles started running like crap. I pulled the air filter and noticed some little slivers of the air-box plastic, I must have missed, stuck in the air filter. So, I am guessing a sliver got through the air filter and got stuck in one of the jets. Sound right? I order new jets from baja, because everyone else says it runs to lean stock. So, I got their jetting kit and muffler insert. Took of the carb and cleaned it out and replaced with new jets. However, I did not find anything in the float bowel. Sprayed it out with compressed air, replaced the jets but found no foreign matter. I was hoping to find the culprit staring me right in the face, so I could put everything back together with confidence. Now that I did not find a shred of evidence to support my original theory (any foreign object in the float bowl or the jets I replaced) I am worried I missed something or my original diagnosis was incorrect. Any ideas? Anything anyone recommends before I put the entire thing back together and fire it up?

thanks,

dave

Put a stock needle in clip #5, 48 pilot jet, 170 main and a 72 starter jet. Most likely you have a lean flat spot at 1/4 throttle and not 1/2 throttle. This is common with these bikes. Richer jetting usually takes care of the flat spot. JD blue needle (for winter & red for summer) is also a better choice than a stock needle. ?