Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400E - After market subframes?

Nothing I've seen,, and I looked real hard a few months ago.

There is a aftermaket "subframe" for the E,, but is not a compleate sub frame,, but just an add on piece to support the rear fender and tailight when adding street gear to an E

hey bronco,

where did you see the E subframe add on? someone on the yahoo list is looking to swap and E for and S and i thought i'd pass this info along in case he gets no bites on the swap.

hey bronco,

where did you see the E subframe add on? someone on the yahoo list is looking to swap and E for and S and i thought i'd pass this info along in case he gets no bites on the swap.

DRZ-400 Sub-Frame Extension

I have an extra S subframe 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry: Not sure I would be willing to do a direct swap,,, as a unbent s subframe is a pricy item... But maybe we could work something out.

I have a very nice E subframe I will trade for a straight S if anyone wants to lighten their bike. Send the Yahoo guy my email if no one here wants it... :thumbsup:Andrew andrmorr@aol.com

no no, he wants to do what you're offering. he has an E and wants an S. thanks for the offer tho =)

I have a very nice E subframe I will trade for a straight S if anyone wants to lighten their bike. Send the Yahoo guy my email if no one here wants it... :thumbsup:Andrew andrmorr@aol.com

Andrew,, I think If we trade many more parts,, or cash,, some one in the Law Enforcement community may think we got a biz on the side stealing bikes... 😢

I'll take a hard look when I get home... been wanting to mod my tweaked S sub frame,, for awhile.... But might just leave it as is,, and trade off my straight spare 😢🤣😢 :cry: 😢

Has anyone tried this subframe extension for the E model? If so could you please post some pictures of it from a few angles - the one on the SRC website doesn't give a very good idea of what it looks like or how it mounts.... 😢

Has anyone tried this subframe extension for the E model? If so could you please post some pictures of it from a few angles - the one on the SRC website doesn't give a very good idea of what it looks like or how it mounts....

Some pics I put together to show the plate mount but should work well for the sub-extension as well.

link to web page of pics here

The brace works well. I have even doubled on it to extract some stranded riders.

How much does it lighten the bike?