Sign in to follow this  

Specs for Valves

Guys -

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the factory specifications for the TE250 valves. (dimension specs) I need the details for a SS kit my friends and I are trying to develop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

F

They have 4.5mm stems stock. Does that help?

I rode with the new 5mm stem, Ferrea valves this weekend.

So far so good!

If your going to develope some I would buy one so you have every dimension you need including weight, slots for the retaining clips, step in the valve, length etc.

HUSKYTONE: What has to be done to the head and what new parts need to be installed to adapt the 04's to the 5mm Ferrea valves? Are they S.S.? Is yours a 250? TE? TE?

Thanks for the data. I figure if a guy starts to having tightening problems the best way out is to modify to a system that will work.

You all are definately on the right track. Basically doing what Husky is dong to the 05's.

What do you think the ratio of problems is to the engine size? If figure it would be mostly on the 250's. Has anyone heard of problems with the 450's or 510's?

Good Work!!

So you just upgraded to the later valves? Valve guides and springs? What about your seats? If it's worked for you, this might be the more simple way to go. Only real issue with the SS valves is the spring rate... not sure how much heavier they will be. Rather go SS as the tend to last quite a bit longer. Any specs on the valves you are using??? 😢

I have over 1000 miles on my TE now and after the initial valve adj. they have held. I'm a B class rider and ride tight woods. No problems at all.

😢

I had custom valves made back in May, just now getting around to running them for various reasons.

I went with 5mm stems prior to knowing what Husky was planning, and these were off the shelf blanks, cut to length and groved for retainers. They ran $91.00 each, as opposed to $158ea. stock.

The only other mod was having the seats match cut on the new head and reamed the guides.

I will say they take a much thicker shim (255) than what was on my old head.

I'm not saying this is the way to fix everything, It's just the route I'm taking. 😢

Acough...2...stroke..cough,cough. Sorry, I had something in my lungs.

What displacement and model 04 Husky did you do it to? Where you having tightening or failure problems?

Thanks

I'd rather get the specs v.s the new valve... I'd think that would be much more accurate. If I have to buy one, I will none the less.

Thanks!

F