02 crf450, What Exhaust system would you recommend and why??

I called the owner of CHM the other day. And he said The SM1 was desinged for verry fast motocross racers, And supermotard (thats what the "SM" in SM1 stands for" He said it was specifacly a TOP END pipe only for Verry fast riders.

I called the owner of CHM the other day. And he said The SM1 was desinged for verry fast motocross racers, And supermotard (thats what the "SM" in SM1 stands for" He said it was specifacly a TOP END pipe only for Verry fast riders.

Just how fast is VERRY fast anyway? ? :cry:

A top end only pipe? I don't know...I previously had the Yoshimura stepped header and the Supertrapp silencer, I loved the power it made with the stock AND the modified engine...and I am no pro by any means (pro crasher maybe)?

RHC tells me that the SM1 does as good as that combo but is quieter and might have a bit more mid than my old one that got smashed...

I have been happy with him so far and I am going with the SM1. RHC and FFR have told me no wrong! Great customer service!

?

I havnt seen a dyno or anything on the SM1, but like I said, I just talked to the owner on the phone, and he said the HP figures were verry close to stock on bottom a little more in the mid, and MAJOR gains on top! He said NO other pipe would touch it on top, and that VARNER is selling them with some of there "Kits?"

I told him that I was an intermediat rider and he told me not to get the SM1 but to get the Ovate unless I was on top all the time.

Im sure the SM1 is a great exhaust all around, hands and feet apove stock and alot of other more expensive systems!!!

Well I see what you are saying, especially on a stock engine. My modified engine has a whole lot more mid than stock even with a stock pipe so to get the true benefit and output of the modded engine, I need a pipe that can flow like that SM1...if I stuck an Ovate on there it might have a little more mid but it would choke it on top alot I am betting...

It would be neat to try both though....