Sign in to follow this  

BOYESEN IMPELLER?

Is anyone running the Boyesen water pump impeller with, or without the Boyesen water pump cover? I am looking to cool down the 262cc a bit more and was wondering how much of a difference the pump works with and without the cover. The impellers are from $55 to $65 but the cover is about $100. I am just checking to see if I need the whole thing or just the impeller.

i have both. though i don't know how well they really work.

i also have a racetemp gauge on my right radiator and i check it all the time. even when it was 100F with no wind i have yet to see the temp climb over 192F and in 2 minutes with the bike OFF (the time racetemp says you will see max temp) it is already down to the 170F range.

you may have to cut the hose from the right rad to the cover for proper fit.

p.s. i ONLY run distilled water and waterwetter.

I just bought both and installed them today. I won't know how well they work for a few more days though. I too, have just installed the 262 kit and was concerned enough to try and keep it running cool. From just looking at both the impeller and the cover(just looks mind you), it looks like the cover would make more of a difference then just the impeller. The reason being that it has a better flow to it then the stocker. It has nice gentle bends to it, whereas the stocker immediately tries to turn the water 90 degrees right directly off from the impeller. Unscientific I know, but that's how it looks to me. Just my opinion. Maniac 😢

i don't believe the boyesen impeller works with the stock cover 😢 they sell them seperatly so you can change your impeller if it wears out or breaks. mine works very well, have not over heated all summer. 😢