Sign in to follow this  

03 jetting questions

Hey folks. Just needing some input from you jetting guru's. I was out last weekend, and noticed that when I pinned the throttle open, in 3rd gear, out of a corner, it would rev to a point, then fall on its face. I don't think I am hitting the rev limiter (if I was, I wouldn't still be on the bike). My jetting and bike set up is as follows.

1. stock motor, backfire screen out

2. White Brothers R-4 slip on, spark screen out

3. stock main jet and needle setting

4. #45 pilot jet, approx 1 1/2 to 2 turns out

It runs great in the bottom and mid, just doesn't seem to want to rev out. I guess the pending question I am posing, richen or lean it? I have thought about dropping the clip one the needle on position and see what happens, but would like some input from your genuis jetting. Oh yea, I am in the D/FW are in N. Texas. I am not sure about altitude in my area, but I don't think it is over 2000 feet above sea level. Thanks for your help.

Bob

It sounds like maybe the main jet is a little big. Is there alot of smoke during times when it is stumbling? That would be a sure sign.

No smoke that I am aware of. I do know that I am a bit rich on the pilot jet. It almost feels like it is running out of gas at that particular condition ( yea, done that a time or two). The guys I ride with haven't mentioned smoke coming from the pipe, just their rear ends getting smoked.