Sign in to follow this  

FCR opened - needle and main jet questions.

Ok , Took the needle out , it had 7 places to put the round disk (clip?!) and from the top it was positioned on the 5th place.

checked main jet , it has a number on it 165RD what does it mean ?

And last - I returned everything in order , when i shake the FCR a little , I hear something moves inside (like loose bolt or something) it is ok ?! could I broke something ? The screw above the needle was little difficult to take out , but was done , needle isn't broken and also main jet (didn't see where is pilot jet)

thx buds.

😢

Anything else I need to check ?

I live in alt. 100m above sea level , what do you recommand me to do ?

Number on it 165RD. What does it mean? -- 165 is a number assigned to a flow rating: bigger number, bigger jet, more fuel, richer. Never seen RD on a jet before. Should be a "K" symbol if it is a Keihin jet.

And last - I returned everything in order, when I shake the FCR a little, I hear something moves inside (like loose bolt or something) it is ok ?!---The float and fuel valve will make a noise when you shake the carb. That much is normal

Could I broke something?-- I doubt it but no way for me to know for sure.

(didn't see where is pilot jet) Pilot jet is next to the main jet. Starter jet on one side and pilot on the other.

thx buds.

OBDXP--- "OB" is a code that means the needle is anodized aluminum. "DXP" are code letters for taper, length, and diameter. The taper you can see. Length is not total length (that stays the same). Length is a dimension from the fat end to a standard diameter on the taper. Diameter is the straight diameter above the taper. A SUDCO catalog will decode the letters for you if you want to know more.

Ahhh... Well I dont have SUDCO catalog here ,

But will wait for burned to say if this is good for ALT 100m

160 main jet

dxp needle

5th clip

45 pilot jet

2.5 turns fuel screw

So i can keep the needle but need 2 new jets ?

Now , about the fual screw , I have adapter which has a hole. How I connect the fual screw to the adapter ?

BTW - Does it matter if I have the 3*3 airbox mod or not for this settings ?

I can't find my fuel screw! 😢

At the bottom of your FCR near the pilot jet there is like a small "tunnel" which the fual screw is INSIDE it , so the adapter makes it easy to reach from outside.

I've been riding for 31 years (Im 36) and I still have never wrenched on a bike much....but Im learning. Whats the FCR? Sorry for being lame, but my manual's not with me. Thanks!

I've been riding for 31 years (Im 36) and I still have never wrenched on a bike much....but Im learning. Whats the FCR? Sorry for being lame, but my manual's not with me. Thanks!

FCR is the model of carb you have.. as in Keihin 39mm FCR

Ah thanks! Not to hijack the thread, but one more thing.. The fuel screw is on the bottom? Do I have to take the carb out everytime I adjust?

Dont have to take the carb out, you can losen the carb, rotate the bottom of carb out and get to the fuel screw, or purchase an extended fuel screw.

160 main jet

dxp needle

5th clip

45 pilot jet

2.5 turns fuel screw

So i can keep the needle but need 2 new jets ?

Now , about the fual screw , I have adapter which has a hole. How I connect the fual screw to the adapter ?

BTW - Does it matter if I have the 3*3 airbox mod or not for this settings ?

the stock pilot jet is 45.unless its been changed you dont need to buy one.

Will open to check it out.

Is the pilot jet under the round cover with the 3 bolts ?

float bowl ?!

Dude , Im not familiar with some english words , you shouldn't be concerened because of that.

When I opened No. 1 I saw the main jet which under it had nothing (saw another gold thing but didn't look like i can take it out) . Now , Where is the pilot Jet ?! (I'm learning my friend , im coming from Hi Tech area , programmer... very far from mechanic... very very far...)

fcr2.jpg