Sign in to follow this  

Paddle Tires??

I am buying another paddle tire and am very unhappy with my last one. It is the sand pro. It's cups are already coming apart after a few rides. I've had better luck with the older cheng shen ones. The other paddle I will not consider is the Kings Turbo Paddle because the cups are WAY too big. I've been eyeing out this one on the link below. Has anyone tried these ones out? I've always ran an 8 paddle. Would you stick with an 8 or go with a 10?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=13447&department=647&Division=6

The other paddle I will not consider is the Kings Turbo Paddle because the cups are WAY too big.

Why is this a problem do you feel it robs power? I run one on my 03 450 and don't have any problems with it...just curious that’s all 😢

The other paddle I will not consider is the Kings Turbo Paddle because the cups are WAY too big.

Why is this a problem do you feel it robs power? I run one on my 03 450 and don't have any problems with it...just curious that’s all 😢

The Turbo Paddle actually holds up extremely well and no it doesn't rob any power however we ride in big groups of riders and as much as we like to roost each other, we won't follow behind the people with the turbo paddle. Even when you are just cruising the bowls or following your buddy, if they have the turbo paddle, it actually throws the sand up instead of out so it's like your constantly riding in particles of sand which is enough to not want to ride behind that person. Good paddle, just very annoying to ride behind. The smaller cups still give you great hookup and does not through the sand high in the air.

Chen shing makes a good paddle as you all ready know. The price is right also. Stick with that one and run the 8. Skat trax used to be the best but I have had lot's of problems with them in the last few years as have many other's i know

I am buying another paddle tire and am very unhappy with my last one. It is the sand pro. It's cups are already coming apart after a few rides. I've had better luck with the older cheng shen ones. The other paddle I will not consider is the Kings Turbo Paddle because the cups are WAY too big. I've been eyeing out this one on the link below. Has anyone tried these ones out? I've always ran an 8 paddle. Would you stick with an 8 or go with a 10?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=13447&department=647&Division=6">http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=13447&department=647&Division=6</FONT></DIV</a>

Having run 8 paddle chen shen's for years, as well as the King's turbo, I was interested in the 10 paddle Sand Snake as well. I got one when I purchased my KX and have tested it at 2 different sand dune locations. I have mixed feelings. The tire itself is excellent in construction and durability. It has held up well against my heavily modified KX525 for 5 hard days in the sand with very little wear. That includes hard runs at comp hill at Dumont; if you've been there you've seen the hardpack at the bottom of the hill. The rocks between some of the dunes can be hell on the tires as well.

The problem I have is with the number of paddles. My bike can pull them no problem, but it just hooks up too much. You need a little spin in the sand in order to turn. The physical size of the ten paddle is bigger than the 8 as well as heavier. You notice it on jumps and fast whoop sections. It seems to bounce around more no matter what you do to the suspension.

That being said, I just ordered an 8 paddle Sand Snake.

Having run 8 paddle chen shen's for years, as well as the King's turbo, I was interested in the 10 paddle Sand Snake as well. I got one when I purchased my KX and have tested it at 2 different sand dune locations. I have mixed feelings. The tire itself is excellent in construction and durability. It has held up well against my heavily modified KX525 for 5 hard days in the sand with very little wear. That includes hard runs at comp hill at Dumont; if you've been there you've seen the hardpack at the bottom of the hill. The rocks between some of the dunes can be hell on the tires as well.

The problem I have is with the number of paddles. My bike can pull them no problem, but it just hooks up too much. You need a little spin in the sand in order to turn. The physical size of the ten paddle is bigger than the 8 as well as heavier. You notice it on jumps and fast whoop sections. It seems to bounce around more no matter what you do to the suspension.

That being said, I just ordered an 8 paddle Sand Snake.

That's just what I was wanting to hear. I'm glad someone has tried the paddle and likes it. Good advice on the 8 and 10 paddle. I think i'll stick with my 8, I've always been happy with it.