Sign in to follow this  

alright, what'da ya think? Good price or no way?

Hey guys. I am really thinking about getting a yz250f this week. I found this one in an ad somewhere (not telling where cause I don't want someone to buy it before me. hahaha). Here's what the guy wrote:

"This bike has very very low hours and is very clean. Many extras...Comes with frame protectors, top of the line radiator braces, Pro-tapers, pro taper triple clamp, magnetic drain plug, pro moto billet pipe, heavy duty skid plate and good tires. The stock tires haven't even been ridden through yet. This bike is barely broken in and has been babied with only the best oil, changed every ride. Never been jumped or raced, only trail ridden. Bike is very powerful and ready to ride. Delivery can be arranged for a serious buyer. $4200 or best offer."

$4200 sound fair for this bike or should I go lower? Let me know. Thanks guys.

joe 😢 :cry: 😢

always go lower. it is expected and if he says no ask him to throw something in for you. what have you got to lose? all he can say is no.

Go see the bike and if it checks out alright go for it. Have fun!

Tell him its that year bike regardless of what he has done to it. I picked up my 2001 with 20 hours on it for 3200. The owner realized that 3650 was too much, so he brought it down to 3200. "A 2001 is a 2001 no matter how many hours are on it"

If its as clean and new as he says and its an 04 then its a decent deal. If its an 03 then it may be a tad high. Check it out, offer less then negotiate.

Good Luck 😢

I bought my 02 new for 4700 and some change.

my 04 was a few months used and i got it for 3500 (deal from a friend) but none the less a GREAT DEAL.

like stated before a 01 is a 01 no matter how new. I will sell you a 02 yz426 in good shape runs good for 2300, i would hold off on the price cause that seems alittle to high. check ebay and see what most are going for or www.cycletrader.com

I actually paid a bit more ($4700) than that for a 2004 YZ250F with supposedly less than 15 minutes time on it (guy broke his knee and never could ride it, bike is shiny as can be, no scratches, no wear AT ALL) My bike did however come with all the extras (helmet, chest protector, kickstand, bike stand, boots, tons of oil and filters, etc)

What it comes down to though is if YOU feel like you are getting a good deal. I love my bike, believe I got a great deal on it. I have seen others listed on ebay and mentioned here for less, but hey, at the time I bought my bike it was a great deal and I have no regrets whatsoever. (kinda like buying a comuter, next month there is always something cheaper out there)

Now I just have to wait for my Ultimate MXhauler to arrive so I can tote my baby out to the woods or track...