check out this carbon fiber glide plate I bought!!!!!!

There are 2 different plates. One is a mx glide plate with no outer case"wings"...the other is an"off road" skid plate. I have an E-line skid plate and it is heavy duty but pretty light, although I did take a small chunk out of it in a hard crash, but it saved my cases!

Kevin Hines( owner of E-line and former Nat'l enduro champ...and still is very fast)has been racing a CRF250R...and just bought an X...here in New England. You should hear him sing that thing through the woods!

He's done the last few enduros...and is signed up for this weekends Black and Blue.

He started a minute behind me at the Gypsy Moth and I swear he caught me in the first mile! I could hear his bike screaming for a while but would look back and see no one...then he was by and GONE!

be aware that the Dixo carbon Fiber products on Ebay are fiberglass with carbon laminates on the outsider. They are MUCH heavier than carbon fiber. I got one off of Ebay and sent it back. I was pissed that they missrepresented themselves.

Well...I just got my pipe guard.

It looks pretty....but it is heavy!There is a reason E-line charges what they do.

I was also missing the mounting kit. When I contacted Dixo, thier response was"go to a hardware store, they have nuts and bolts"

I thought it was very nice of them to point out that hardware stores have hardware....I never would have figured that out ?

I just called my credit card company and disputed the charge...they said no problem. And Dixo can come to my house and get thier crap

It is carbon fiber. It's just a very poor grade.

After dealing with thier customer service...good luck on getting your money back. they'll probably tell you to go to a bank, there's a lot of money there ?

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much for the price and I was right. but when it was missing hardware and they told me to go to a hardware store...that burned my azz!

Itisn't terrible stuff and it is cheap. and if your just going for looks, it's a good deal.

But, if you compare it to E-line ( or Carbonfiberworks), you will laugh. The E-line stuff is lighter but stronger because of the different fiber and lay up. E-lines skid plate is thicker and heavier lay up than, say, a pipe guard...because it has to be. This Dixo pipe guard is about 1/4 thick but looks like it only has a single layer of fiber( and who knows what kind of fiber) where the Eline is half as thin but has several layers of fiber, including kevlar.

I bought this pipe guard for the stock header because it was cheap and I'll be getting a DrD system later...sofor 25 bucks it will do the job. But if I was looking for something permanent.....it would not be Dixo. and I've never had to make a trip to the hardware store with E-line ?