Sign in to follow this  

Moderately priced boots

I do a lot of street riding and just picked up a DRZ for occasional dual sport rides. I'll probably only do a half dozen weekends a year on the DRZ so I don't really want to drop a bundle in gear for so few rides, but will if that's what it takes to avoid junk. Is there a decent sub-$200 pair of boots out there?

I like the THOR LZE boots, around 120 bucks,(look for sales!). They're kinda old school,(mostly leather), which I think is a good thing, I.E. the lack of plastic makes them more comfortable and you can hike around in them without feeling like your wearing ski boots!!, and provide good protection for trail riding. 😢

I just purchased a pair of the new Thor Quadrant MX boots. My boots are suprisingly comfortable being not even broken in and they retail for $129.00. 😢

They are awkward to walk in when off the bike as the only downside for your DS riding.

Alpinestars M4 or M6. They protect good in the MX, and not too shabby to walk in. I have the M4's. They're cheap, but dont sacrifice protection for the price. Check them out on ebay, or even some local shops.

I have Thor T-30's. They're overall pretty comfy, and look like they'll give me some protection

I picked up a pair of Alpinestars Vector boots on the 'net for $150 and I love 'em.

They are (IMO) by FAR the most comfortable boots made and (contrary to some comments I'd read) provide very good protection as well. I hope they never wear out forcing me to go back to "old" style boots.

oneal methods are pretty cheap in price and they hold up good they have a lower priced level in the element but they aren't to comfortable

These are the boots I wanted. I couldn't find any local to try on and the best price I found was $233. 😢

I picked up a pair of Alpinestars Vector boots on the 'net for $150 and I love 'em.

They are (IMO) by FAR the most comfortable boots made and (contrary to some comments I'd read) provide very good protection as well. I hope they never wear out forcing me to go back to "old" style boots.

I picked mine up off e-bay as well. Check out the e-bay stores section, that's where I got mine. Brand new, in the box!

My wife bought me a pair of Tech 8's for my B-Day a few weeks ago. hey didnt seem to fit right so I took them back to the dealer (no rides...).

Tried on a half dozen pairs and ended up with Fox Formas. They felt just as comfortable as the Tech 8's (minus the booty) but saved me over $100. Well it didnt really save me $100, I bought some other goodies... But they are outstanding boots for the price, so far anyway.

I like my Hardwear boots. But I used to like my elements boots until I tried on my friends Astars, then I bought my Hardwear boots, seem comprable to tech6's. Avoid the Elements boots and gear(weak stiching).

I found a pair of alpinestar Tech 8's on Ebay for 115 dollars, and had them resoled for free from Alpinestars!!!!! have 120 invested and they look brand new. Ebay is the place for gear, esp. boots. I just got my girlfriend a brand new with tags pair of Fly Talon boots, size 10 for $114 shipped!!!! its great! go for the ones on ebay