Sign in to follow this  

frame paint

does anyone know where I can buy some frame paint for a 2004 KX250F ?

The Kawasaki dealer didn't have a part number for it so I couldn't order it.

Thanks,

Fred

Your boots will just wear it off again. 😢 Sorry, no clue on the paint. When my frames get ratty enough, I take them to the powdercoaters. They strip them, inspect them and powdercoat them. The powdercoat lasts quite a bit longer until it wears through.

Wouldn't u like to chromiumplate it?(is the term right?) I see here some guys does it and the result is nice, of course is a matter of taste, personally i like it.

If you chromiumplat ya frame you can buy the chromium plasts from Polisport, too, and then ya´ll have a complete chromium bike 😢 :cry: 😢

I really think about doing that for my RMZ/KXF next year... 😢...

Chrome makes the steel brittle. Get it nickle plated if you want a chome like look. My personal choice is powdercoat or dupont Imron paint (has to be professionaly applied, extremely toxic).

Ride really really fast Fred, and no-one will notice the paint. 😢 Have you checked with PJ-1, Cycle gear carried some of their paint colors, don't know if they stock 04 kawi yet.

Check with Color Rite at colorrite.com. They have the frame paint. My can says: Kawasaki MA3803 Phantom Silver (Variance Color). It seems to work good enough.

Hope this helps.