Sign in to follow this  

WHIPS AND TRICKS...

I HAVE READ A LOTA THREADS ABOUT HOW DO DO TRICKS AND I REMEMBER A QUOTE FROM STEWART ROBERTS A TRAINER I HAD IN 84 "DONT WASTE TIME DOING TRICKS LEARN HOW TO GO FAST AND THAT STUFF WILL COME" LET ME TELL YA MOST FREE RIDERS WOULD GET SMOKED IN THE NOVICE CLASS!TRAIN YOUR BUTT OFF (TWICE AS MUCH AS ALL YOUR FRIENDS)EAT RIGHT AND RIDE WITH ALL THE HEART YA GOT!...O YEA WATCH,LISTIN,LEARN...GO FAST!

in 1984, there were no freeriders, lol

whips are cool, they never get old 😢

whats wrong with playing in the hills? im anti-ramp also 😢

NEITHER DO OLD PROS WE JUST COME HOME AND SMOKE THE LOCALS... 😢

hey, what are ya talking??? i can't hear ya now...

😢 :cry:

Good advice to a racer old pro. I agree if you want to go fast, practice going fast. Let the show boating come on its own.

Whats wrong with doing tricks? Racing isn't for everyone so why you bagging on people who like to do tricks? Comparing 2 different motorcycle styles isn't really fair. You may smoke a freestyler on a track but they would make you look stupid at a freestyle compettion. I don't get the point of your post. Theres more to dirtbikes than just racing.

Whats wrong with doing tricks? Racing isn't for everyone so why you bagging on people who like to do tricks? Comparing 2 different motorcycle styles isn't really fair. You may smoke a freestyler on a track but they would make you look stupid at a freestyle compettion. I don't get the point of your post. Theres more to dirtbikes than just racing.

yepp, there are people who don't ride to race and would rather have fun doin other stuff. there is a lot of cool stuff you can be competitive at that isn't racing like trials, freestyle, hill climbs and i'm sure there's people trying a couple other things too. 😢

Okay you young guys, The real deal is being able to beat your competition, if you're racing fender to fender the guy ahead wins. In the modern X games BS, the guys that gets lucky wins in a short moment of time, but racing a long duration event separates the men from the boys. Sure you can ace one effort, but do it on a consistant basis. I feel that most young guys can't even spell, yet alone come up with real competitve combinations unless their Dads told them how to do it! And theres nothing wrong with that, you young guys probably don't have a strong as a direction as us older guys. Just give us our repsect, and maybe you can get by us, otherwise its a fight to the finish that you can't believe.

An old guy that can beat you,

Dennis Baccus - 52 yrs

Apparently you're just having fun for the sake of having fun... like a lot of us out here in bikeland. 😢

same here just having fun!!! 😢 i got into riding at 32 and did my first race at 35(3rd place) and i enjoy freestyle too.

DONT WASTE TIME DOING TRICKS LEARN HOW TO GO FAST AND THAT STUFF WILL COME

props to you guys on your racing careers but, I don't know of anyone who learned to do a spinning backflip on a motorcycle by just racing. i'm betting with all your riding experience you still can't do what they are doing!!! maybe your not into it, OK, but until you can pull a backflip, rotating 360 dgrees and landing no handed you prabably don't know how much skill it takes to pull it off.

ps. DRHP since your baggin' on spelling

but do it on a consistant basis. I feel that most young guys can't even spell

it's consistent

In all fairness though, watch the old farts, I have a great uncle thats 65, and a farmer, he could ride around me on the back wheel literally. I dont know if I have ever seen someone faster than him in the woods. pretty bloody fast on a track too. I figure they had to be better riders because the bikes sucked so bad 😢. Probably why they dont like freestyle, wouldn't want to do it on an old CR elsinore.

Nobody said the old guys were slow or didn't have skills on a bike. Point is: people can do what they want on their own motorcycles. I don't bag on anyone for doing something different than me. If a young guy (as you so called freestylers) likes to jump why you hating on him? Maybe he could care less about racing.

I agree with yamaha35, my step dad knows a 60yr old guy that rides a yamaha R1 and i think he has a ktm400 aswell.

I like freestyle alot but i think if they added a freestyle forum it defeates the purpose of the site "thumper talk", how many people have you seen use a four-stroke for freestyle 😢 correct me if im wrong.