Sign in to follow this  

Lincoln Trail Motopark

Anybody headed co Casey,Il this weekend for the MX & Hare Scramble races? Never been to Casey,Il before, but I heard it is a pretty cool place.

I am not an expert but, I have ran 1 of their HS races it was about 6.3 miles. I was a member last year and it has everything you need to gain experience. The soil is mostly clay their motorcross area has plenty of good size jumps but, they can be taken easy if need be. If it rains hard the HS will be muddy.

TW

I'm not much of a woods rider, if I go I will be riding the mx.I don't mind good sized jumps as long as they are not completly stupid,I have to go back to work on Monday 😢

I was able to ride several laps with my 86 XR600 on open track day. I had to roll the whoops and doubles but, I had no problems. I watched 80cc class and they have no problem doing all the jumps. The jumps that can be big are only big if you try.

TW

I may be interested and it would be my first race. Do you get to check out the course first? Ride it? I would do the woods race. Is it complete chaos with people flying all over the place? All go at once right? Can you just show up? Do you need a ama card? Any restrictions on bikes? It is a far drive for me and would hate to get there and be turned away. thanks guys.

I may be interested and it would be my first race. Do you get to check out the course first? Ride it? I would do the woods race. Is it complete chaos with people flying all over the place? All go at once right? Can you just show up? Do you need a ama card? Any restrictions on bikes? It is a far drive for me and would hate to get there and be turned away. thanks guys.

I ran one HS and they didn't let us preride the course it may have been an exception but, there is enough area around to get some warm up in. If you can handle average stuff in the woods you can handle the race IMO. For instance I saw a 250LB. 40 ish guy on a CRF230 Stock and he made 4 x 6.3 mile loops in two hours. I think he got 5th in the VET class?

The HS wood race takes off in groups a minute apart beginners start last. You will eventually get lapped and when you do, it is best to find a spot you can make room to let the faster guy by. Some of them will seem to rush you, just remember you a racing too and you also have a right to keep going.

Yes you can just show up. Yes you need a AMA card. I was told I did not need a district card until my second race with them. There are no restrictions on bikes NO pipe or sound checks. You can run whatever you brung.

If you race just for fun you will enjoy yourself.

TW