Sign in to follow this  

RACE GAS

Im getting race gas for my 2003 KX125 with a 134 kit in it. Im doing this because on the topend, it pings. With this symptom, I should use race gas right?

Since its so expensive for 1 gallon, i was thinking going half and half with 93 octane and 110 octane with Lead. (CAM2). Would that be allright to mix leaded and unleaded? A bunch of guys said that they mix 50/50.

PETER

I run the ultimate 4 in my CRF150F. I thinks its VP110 leaded. And not the oxygen nated stuff. I blew my other piston up with the oxygenated fuel. Not made for comp pistons. 😢

Try aviation fuel instead of mixing race gas with pump gas.

Aviation fuel is $2.70 / gal. for 101 octane low lead.

When you mix pump gas with race fuel, you have a constantly changing chemical formula because every 3 monthes the refineries change the mix. So you end up re jetting more frequently. I have found aviation fuel to be extremely consistent in formulation and have run the same jetting from 1000' ASL @ 115F to 9500'ASL @ 60F. I haven't rejetted in 6 monthes.

When you mix pump gas with race fuel, you have a constantly changing chemical formula because every 3 monthes the refineries change the mix. So you end up re jetting more frequently. I have found aviation fuel to be extremely consistent in formulation and have run the same jetting from 1000' ASL @ 115F to 9500'ASL @ 60F. I haven't rejetted in 6 monthes.

I've always been wary of avgas. They use stuff in that blend that is not supposed to be good for the bike's innards, anti-icing stuff mostly.

I've always been wary of avgas. They use stuff in that blend that is not supposed to be good for the bike's innards, anti-icing stuff mostly.

The only good thing for a bike that Av gas offers is the smell.

The only good thing for a bike that Av gas offers is the smell.

Rich Rohric (sp?), the engine builder, recommends AV gas. He also says that you are wasting your money when you mix pump gas with race fuel. The pump gas is so bad for the mix that you are doing more harm than good. (His opinion, not mine, off his website) The old wive's tales about AV gas hurting your m/c engine are unfounded.