Sign in to follow this  

Biulding a ramp

Me and a couple of friends are going to build a ramp in our school woodshop, (either that or birdhouses). any way it will be made out of wood and we are planning on making it about 6 ft tall. I was wondering if any one has ever made one and could give us some tips!!!

I designed and made a 9 foot ramp. If I was you I would make a 8 footer at least. I made mine out of metal crates that I got from a Yamaha dealer for free. :DAnd I bought 3 4x8 sheets of plywood for it. Take your time when you are making that ramp. Think ahead, but most importantley dont make the arch to steep to soon. Mine is about 18 feet long and 9 foot tall. If you make a ramp to those standards or close you cant go wrong. Other people have hit my ramp and they tell me that it is just perfect. I have multiple other ramps also, so I know what kind of ramp I wanted in the first place, good luck. Make it strong. 😢

I have built a 15 foot steel ramp. You should be fine with wood. Just build it to handle a car and you will be fine! Steel would be the best choice.