Sign in to follow this  

Handguard Installation....

I own a 02 XR400 and just purchased cycra handguards for it.Some advice on installing the thorottle side would be apreciated. Anyhow what do you guys suggest as far as cutting or boring out the hole on my stock thorottle tube? What do you guys suggest for a clean job thanks in advanced....

Hey i just had the same problem with my acerbis on my new crf,but did the same to my renthals and throttle on my xr400.. I used a small drill bit on the plastic throttle, then upped the size until i had just enough view of bar end. then used the extra spacers on that side to prevent binding. in fact it works well. i used the over size bit as a de- burring tool running it real slow . then cleaning out any shards of plastic that could cause binding. its kinda hard to explain. just take it slow..

Hey by the way how is Glendora these days I grew up there and still have family there.is it still the lady capital of the world. 😢

I got a Motion Pro throttle tube with a push out end button. That allowed use of a full grip without having to chop the throttle tube and grip end. Pro Grip makes some grips that are already bored but I haven't tried them yet (#794).

😢

I have the Acerbis(a-CHAIR-bees) Pro Rally Guards on my ride.

Those are actually the "rally brush" not the "rally pro". I've used both and love the pro's with the metal inside for more strength. link

After pulling the throttle grip, I use a big grinder to cleanly take the end off the throttle tube. I still use a full grip.

After cutting a small hole in the grip with a utility knife, I used a Dremel tool with a grinding bit to open up and smooth out the hole. I Demeled off the lip inside the throttle tube, then slid the entire throttle assemly inboard a bit.