Sign in to follow this  

newbie question

I found a great deal on a White Bros R4 s series aluminum silencer. Am I going to need to re jet if I change to this pipe?

Mike

Rejet from what? If you are stock, you will need to rejet regardless if you change the pipe or not. Just plan on rejetting what ever you do.

Yea its stock. Only mod so far was a switch to a UNI air filter. What do you think about the pipe? I am new at this so where do I start for jetting?

Mike

you'll need to provide altitude information and whether your ride is a Kalifornia 'E' or not.

450 above sea level, and Yes it's a Califorina E

Mike

OK,, so assuming it is a CA 2004 E,, it should have the Mikuni BSR36 carb..

It came lean from the factory at idle. The best bang for the buck(work) would be removing the air box restrictor (rubber snorkel looking thing) and rejeting using the Dyna Jet kit 19-3110. From that kit you will use the needle and spring. Then purchase a 140 main and a 25 pilot jet.

With your slip on exhaust you could try the 142.5 main in your carb now,,, but I think it may be rich for you.

Use clip 4 on the needle

Also for consideration would be the external adjustable fuel needle.. You will start at 2.5 turns out,, but may need to adjust that as needed. This is not possible with the stock screw, with out moving the carb from it's installed position.

Bronco,

I'm thinking of gitting the Yosh. comp sys p# y2165500sa and the tec insert kit p#yteckit.

what jet kit do you recomend?

I live by Tom's farm's and often ride Saddle back and off the 138, though Im going to Ocatia well's for halloween.

Thank's for your time 😢

Bronco,

I'm thinking of gitting the Yosh. comp sys p# y2165500sa and the tec insert kit p#yteckit.

what jet kit do you recomend?

I live by Tom's farm's and often ride Saddle back and off the 138, though Im going to Ocatia well's for halloween.

Thank's for your time 😢

E or S bike?

ok, so ya have the Mikuni BSR36 CV carb.. The kit of choice is the same as above then. With about the same setup.. depending on your altitude

Dyna Jet kit 19-3110. From that kit you will use the needle and spring. Then purchase a 25 pilot jet and extended fuel screw for the mikuni carb.. (not currently available from the TT store)

With your full exhaust you will use the 142.5 main in your carb now.. unless the Alt is above 3000ft or so,,,

Use clip 4 on the needle

Thank's once again Bronco. I'm sorry I was so veg about my preferable riding location's as I didn't notice you live in organ until now. Sattle Back mnt. is about 5000 a.s.l. (Above sea level) though most of the riding is at least 4000 or lower. And the I think the 138 hwy were it crosses the 15 in San bernadino county is about 3 or 4 grand as well. From there you can either head into the high desert (Mojavie) or up into the mountains, A swing from 3 or4 K a.s.l. to 5 to 9k a.s.l. But I also comute to work at only a few hundred ft. a.s.l. (U got a head ache yet???)

I'll make a note of your suggestion's.

Thanks,

Once again,

drzdog 😢