Sign in to follow this  

DRZ vs. WR? Seeking input

Please see my post in the Dual-Sport / Adventure forum seeking comparison info between the DRZ400E and the WR450.

Thanks in advance! 😢

Please see my post in the Dual-Sport / Adventure forum seeking comparison info between the DRZ400E and the WR450.

Thanks in advance! 😢

Please see my post in the WR forum!

Good post N7, way to go, fight the blue boys on thier turf. 😢

I answered you in the DS forum Sabre. Welcome to TT. 😢

I recently rode a 2004 WR 450F. I have a california S model DRZ with dyno jet/air box mod and a full Yosh pipe. The DRZ E model with the stock FCR carb and an aftermarket pipe is a stronger bike then mine.

Riding the WR was a very interesting. A different bike, but a great bike. The WR is more powerful as it is a 450 not a 400. The WR motor vibrated more in its perch then the DRZ, but it was a tight good feeling vibration like a race horse engine feeling... that did not vibrate the bars or the seat and frame. I would say the DRZ is smoother sweet feeling bike while the WR is more motorcycle quick reaction feeling.....

Both bikes are great rides. I don't say that about all bikes. for example the XR650R is a vibrating bus and the CRF-250X is a girl bike and the XR 400 is a dinosaur relic from yesteryear.

So in my humble view you are looking at the two best Jap 400 class bikes in the DRZ and WR. 😢