Sign in to follow this  

Experience Oxtar TCX PRO

Klaus - I have the Oxtar TCX Pro and they are very good. I only have about 10 rides on them so long term durability is unknown. So far they have held up just fine.

My only complaint with the Oxtar has been the buckle design. If you don't know the "trick", they tend to get hung up when you release them. Now that I've worn them for 3-4 rides I've learned the trick and gotten over that issue.

I would only consider the Oxtar TCX Pro (bootie) or Comp (no bootie), the Gaerne SG10 or Sidi Force boots if I was looking for the best ankle protection.

At this point, I would definitely buy them again.

The last 8 years I wear Alpinestars Tech7 und Tech 6.

The quality was very good.

But the protection for the ankle not so.

Now I looking for a new one.

How is the price in US ,I found action price 249$.

In Germany is more expencive.

I got the boots with dealer conditions for 230€ without 300€.

About the gaerne SG10 I hear about problems with the wishbone "pivot" system.

The Sidi I don't know.

bye

I just got my Sidi's. Im gonna ride with them for the first time today but ive put them on and just looking at them makes me feel safer. So far i havent noticed anything that could be a prob, but ill let you know.

I just got my Gaerne SG10's two days ago...no problems with the hinge or anything...i just went up and down the driveway to see if i could shift and brake....everything feels good so far, little tight around the ankle at first....just put em on and ride, very good ankle protection by the way....SG10's get my vote for anyone looking for new boots.... 😢

I have the Oxtar TCX Pro's and really like them except for the previously mentioned buckle flaw. It's not that big a deal, the strap slides down the buckle and gets caught if you don't undo them right. I do like the protection. I smacked a tree with my foot yesterday hard and didn't feel it. They are very comfortable, best I've had yet and have held up well this summer. I expect to get a few good years out of them. Also, they are the most waterproof boot I've owned.

That said, I would've bought the Sidi's if they would've fit. I have a 7 foot and the Sidi's start at 7.5 and run big. The Oxtars start a 7.5 and run small, fit me perfect.