How many labor hrs to change left side case?

If it is just the outer sidecase, it should only be a couple of hours. If it is the center cases...that is engine removal and complete tear down....at least 10 hours.Center cases are usually replaced in sets.Plus a lot of the seals will have to be replaced. Can you hear the cash register ringing?

Do they have the parts in stock?

I recently replaced my left case. You can get just the left case and it cost me $161. I would say 10hrs is pretty close, you have to take just about everything there is apart.

I replaced every seal and bearing that did not come in the case (some bearings do) as well as a piston and rings and and a shift shaft. It cost me about $400 with me doing the labor.

Can you hear the cash register ringing?

I heard it.

Only 12 hrs on the bike. Why are you digging into the engine already?

Im wondering the same thing. If the shop is doing it expect around 10 hours like everyone else said. I know a few experts that could do this around 6 but the most of the guys at the shops are just "guys at the shops" they arent very superior to anyone else.

i can get the case and the gaskets for 240$, plus labor, i guess i will change the rings while they are doing it also ( the bike has about 12 hrs on it)

Only 12 hrs on the bike. Why are you digging into the engine already?

You have to take it apart anyway to replace the case. There's no way I was putting a used piston and rings back in my bike while I had it apart. IIRC it cost me $60 for piston, rings, wrist pin, circlips. You have to replace the gaskets anyway.