Sign in to follow this  

What's your opinion on Mobil 1 5w40?

I saw a while back some of you guys were going to use Mobil 1 5w40 "yellow cap" in your bikes. I'm not looking for an oil debate, even though I like them, but just want to know that it's working ok in bikes before I possibly use it. Was thinking about using it all the time in my 650R or maybe alternating between Mobil 1 5w40 / 15w50 depending on the season.

Looking at the virgin oil analysis between Delvac 1 and Mobil 1 it really does appear to be the same oil!

Aaron

Mobil 1 sucks. Walmart 99 cent oil is the bomb! 😢

Ahahahahahhahahah.... 😢 Pennzoil baby! The old kind in the big round cardboard cans!

Seriously, Mobile-1 5w40 should be fine! I was using the Shell Rotella 5w40 for quite a while with no problems, although I really prefer the 15w50 "just because"...I have no scientific evidence to back that up other than these motors run very warm, and having the slightly thicker equivalent in there is extra peace of mind for me... 😢

Thanks for the replies. I use the walmart "sythetic" in my commuter.

I'm getting ready for oil change #2 on this bike, only 100 miles on it. Definitely considered using the 15w50 come spring but was thinking the 15 wt might not be the best here in the Colorado winter.

I used the Mobil European formula last winter in Colorado, and that oil weight is ow40 or 50, and it helped the bike start and warm up a little faster.

I have used Amsoil 10w40 for years and years and like it. I just tore down my abused 2002 CRF and it looks fantastic inside. 😢