Bicycle speedometer on an XR ???

I have had a Trail Tech for a couple of years now but after removing it for washing and dropped it Breaking it beyond repair.

The company that makes Trail Tech also produces a Bicycle version that plugged right in. The only thing that I found to be differant was the wiring kit.

The computer is named the Panoram "NEXT" and was purchased on ebay under bicycle parts. for under 20 bucks.

"NEXT" was produced for WalMart but is the same as the Trail Tech I spent 80 bucks on. I was able to take one of the setups and install it on my sons KTM 50. It was very simple and clean using zip tyes and epoxy for the magnet on the rotor.

17 functions is a little extreme but you can setup all your maintanence per milage or ride time on it (for 2 separate bikes so you can move it between cycles)

The protection of the unit will be your biggest challenge. Trail Tech makes a Billet Dash Mount that bothe the Trail Tech and 'Next fit in. (really Cool) ? :cry:

I've got one on every dirt bike I own. I've had to lengthen the wire and run it up the front brake line. I've gotten them for about $12.00 and they work fine. All of mine tell max speed, average speed, MPH, and time.

I believe the difference between the Bicycle and Motorcycle TrailTech speedos is the ability to "correct the trip meter". If you ride enduros, there will be points where you have to add miles to your ODO to stay on time. You can't really use an ODO trip meter that simply resets to zero.

The other feature is a maintenance option.