Sign in to follow this  

Tire Help

I have been riding my WR since this winter and I think it time for a new tire. All of a sudden it seems my bike is getting stuck and sliding out easier when I ride. It definitely has less tread then when it was brand new.

Here is a picture of the back tire.

(WARNING: my digital camera is broken so I had to use my cell phone 😢)

mototire.jpg

If it is time for a new one, what kind should I get? (I ride in the woods, rocks, and sand) I would say intermediet.

Also what size and how much it cost.

oh yeah looks like its time for another tire. mine was worse than that and one of my friends where like y are u getting a new tire it dosnt even need one. i told them u cant keep ur bike going straight if u pin it the back end slides right out. u cant corner withouth powersliding. i got a perilli (or how ever u spell it)MT 18 great tire its a intermidate tread.

what ever you get now is good time if it is getting colder where you live. I just got a new Dunlop (i forget the model) and recieved a 20% discount so it was a $100+ tire for about $80. I just asked the guys at my local shop... by the way I did some online shopping for tires and they were a lot cheaper BUT the shipping always seemed to get the price right back up there si it was a wash... i would rather support my local guys since they are the onles that bail you out when you (meaning me) do something stupid and need to ride the next day. better to ask someone you know for a favor than a stranger... how did I get sidetracked on this thought? whatever.

Good luck!

Cheapest tire: Kenda Millville-inter. or Carlsbad-hard

Best bang for the buck: Maxxis IT or HT

$$$ not an issue: Bridgestone 401-inter. or M22-hard or Dunlop 756-inter. or 739F-int./hard

i use a a funlop 606 it lasts well its road legal and it don't chunk off from rocks

I can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like you could flip the tire and get a couple more ride out of it. I am due for a new back tire as well.

Shane

Michelin Starcross MS2. Huge lugs, killer pattern, good in anything and wears great (as long as your not stupid with them). I paid 65 bucks at my local dealer. 😢

I just purchased an IRC volcanduro...my buddy has one on his 450 and loves it. I was hooking up nicely yesterday. (IRC VE-40) 😢 Tried the MIchelin s-12 last time and wore it out in a very short time.

I'm partial to the michelin ms2 starcross on the rear. I tried the s12 so many people rave about and rode with it twice. It was no comparison to the starcross.

IRC M5B, they are the best winter tire around and they wear like iron. Maxxis IT would be my second choice, a great tire for the price and wear twice as long as a dunlop.