Sign in to follow this  

Accommodating Taller riders (Triple Clamp/ Bar setup)

Hey,

I wondered what kind of setup you taller riders were running on your bikes. Im 6'1" about 180lbs, not that weight is going to make a difference, But what kind of triple clamps and bars you guys comfortable with. Im sorta leaning towards a Protaper P3 triple clamp thats forward adjustable and some Protaper Doug Henry bend bars. Any of you guys ran a Factory connection I can get them relativley cheap. And how much of difference does rubber mounting make?Thanks

If you are going to buy a tripple clamp I recomend rubber mounted clamps they do reduce vibration, and you can get them with higher bar mounts. I run CR high bends for woods riding. And I also shim up my Scotts tripple clamps bar mount with 5/8" spacers under my already tall bar mounts. I am a little over 6' tall. You have to make the spacers and get longer metric bolts, and if you don't like the taller shimed mounts you can remove them at very little cost.

try ricky carmichael high bend bars they are 114mm high 54mm sweep andI have them on a 2001 yz 250f I am 6 foot 1 in and I do not get so much arm pump like i used to .My vortex bar mounts are 7mm height to Rick

I recommend that you go with the ProTaper CR High Bend and a tall saddle. I'm currently running ProTaper top and bottom triple clamps on my 02 YZ250F. The ProTaper clamps has a wide range of forward and rear adjustment, I'm not aware if you can get tall bar clamps for the triple clamps.

Interesting topic as I'm 6'2 and 90kgs. I never heard of getting a taller seat? I do notice that my legs feel a little cramped up when in the saddle with my feet on the pegs. Who make these?

Also - What is the big benifit of having higher bars???

I run a Tag T2 kit, CR high. The oversize bar adaptors add another inch to the height. 6' 190lbs.

Shane

if you raise the seat level, your bar height will become even lower while riding. I think that they are trying to figure out a solution to the height of the handlebars over the seat.

Yeah,

I'd like to keep the seat where its at just because I get aftermarket seat covers with graphics kits every year. I think Ill probably go with a Doug Henry or CR double High bend at this point. Still undecided on a clamp. I think im Aiming at the Pro taper P3 ,theres some brand called "longhorn" on rockymountainmc.com the other day, the triple clamps look exactly like Pro Tapers except there 100 bucks. Might consider those too.