Sign in to follow this  

Spark Arrester Insert

I just got a 2005 CRF450 and here in California you need spark arrester.

I found a FMF Titanium-4 Spark Arrester Insert at www.rockymountainatv.com for only 45 bucks

Would that fit???? 😢

Or do you guys have any other sugestions???

I just got a 2005 CRF450 and here in California you need spark arrester.

I found a FMF Titanium-4 Spark Arrester Insert at www.rockymountainatv.com for only 45 bucks

Would that fit???? 😢

only if you already have a Ti4 muffler on your bike.

Or do you guys have any other sugestions???

Most people who just want to add a S/A to the stock exhaust get the PMB end cap. Search the history of this forum for "PMB endcap" and you'll find plenty of comments (all good as far as I can remember). Dubach racing and a couple others make something very similar for a similar price.

The PMB costs like $150....way too much...

I might as well spend the extra money on an FMF silencer and add the spark arrestor add-on for $40.

In the end, I get a nice looking silencer with added power and lower weight plus a spark arrestor...

pmb is around $119 and fit well on my 05. Search my user name for a picture. also, the pmb you can remove the spark arrestor for all out battle on the track.

Here's my recent PMB experience: since I need to pass a 93db sound check to ride at the Oregon dunes, I ordered up a PMB cap and silent insert from Global Moto Outlet for a total of $154.80 shipped to my door. After two weeks of snafus and lies from them, I went to my dealer (Richard Miller Honda/Yamaha in Eureka) and luckily they had the end cap on the shelf (I was leaving on Sunday and this was Friday). Although it was clearly marked $119, the salesman rang it up as $95 (probably since I've been buying bikes from them since '85), not only that, but I had to have them Next-Day ship the insert and they paid half the shipping on that! I felt ashamed of myself for even thinking of mail ordering parts rather than at least checking with them first. Won't make that mistake again!