Sign in to follow this  

---------------FRANK RAINES ?????????????

Is it open to red sticker bikes yet ?

is the whole park open or is part closed down ?

I heard its like carnegie but smaller

anyone :cry:

Dont know if reds are allowed yet. Dont know if all but the bottom is still closed. (it was earlier this summer). Its a lot smaller than carnegie, and one thing to keep in mind is that when you are descending a trail that you think you cant climb back out of, you better stop and turn around. There are some trails that get nasty and they look like they come out on a lower road but end up nowhere or a drop off. Nothing is marked, but if you check out the single tracks heading uphill it will take you to a fire break clay road on top that you can wind er out in fifth believe it or not. When you first get there and ride you wouldnt think theres enough room for any real speed but get to the top and youll see. But remember the first time we really went exploring that little place we ended up doing the double push one bike at a time back out trick three times. One more thing, for a little shhh.. hole it has some great camping facilities but its not cheap. You can call them for current info, the numbers on the net. good luck Mike in Modesto.

I don't know about the red sticker part, but about 1/3 is shut down because of a fire last year. The place is small. It only took me about 15 minutes to ride the open trails on a trials bike.

Ride on

Brewster

This place is for Trials riders. I think it cost about $8-10 bills to get in.

Yeap its small.

I too spent a lot of time pushing my pig out of some ugly spots.

I took my wife and Kid to Frank Raines 2 years ago. Within 20 minutes we all decided it sucked and we would not go back. Dead end roads, trucks on the trails and very small

I would much rather ride Carnegie, Hollister, Metcalf or Club Moto.