Sign in to follow this  

I smell a scam......

Its at a Dealership....Ya think somebody snaped a few pics there and posted the bike for sale??? 😢 :cry:

How can you tell?? The first on has a really good feedback score. And the second one has one negative feedback that says "Seller did not specify shipping cost, instead he tried to keep my money!"

the price is the key.....that thing could get snapped up on a "buy" from a local shop for twice what their asking. thats IF the dealerships dont wanna be bothered with selling bikes.

They are probably both ebay accounts that have been hijacked. I would do the whole 'alert ebay to a fraudulent auction' form and forget you ever saw it.

True but in the first one there could be a sh** load of hiddin costs and other stuff and, in the second its located in Italy. I dont know maybe I'm still wrong.

It's a fact there are numerous scams on eBay and Cycletrader.com. They list a brand new bike for a ridiculously low price. Then they have you mail them a money order, or your credit card number, and poof, they disappear.

One of my friends almost got burned. He was going to send a $4000 money order to a guy in florida for a mint 2003 GSXR 1000. We were in Afghanistan at the time, so he was going to have his dad take care of the purchase. Luckily his dad knew better. His dad tried to schedule a time to come look at the bike, saying that he was going to be in florida anyway, but they guy got all shady and wouldn't let him come look at it.

Two weeks later we found another GSXR 1000 for next to nothing, this one in california, listed with the exact same photo.

he lives in italy, but hes offering only to ship to the US or FREE to canada? i guess he knows how dumb some of us our, but beleives canadians are dumber (not that they are, eh?) 😢 sorry canadians im just kiddin. internet scam is a scary thing. 😢

When ever you see a low buy it now like 2500 and free shipping it a scam. The reason they have good FB is because they stole some ones account ( i ahve a good friend who works for ebay) I fell for it once and emailed the guy he wanted my address and wanted me to wire him money and a grand camens account.

I was kdding about the grand camens account but he wanted me to wire him money before I even talked to him on the phone. Infact he never wanted to talk on the phone. A good way to find out if it is not a scam is to ask for their phone number!!!!

Notice

Shipping and payment details

Services available

Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.

Will ship to United States

But the auctions says the item is in the US,, if so,, why the "Will ship to United States" part.

I smell a rat 😢

I've emailed the seller stating that I will personally take delivery of the bike as well as pay for it. We'll see. 😢

It IS a scam. The same one appears all over ebay, Cycle Trader, and the Recycler. They use various excuses for the low price, like trade in, seller bought bike, and is now scared of it's power, and just wants to dump it, seller's buddy works for the manufacturer and gets ridiculous low prices etc.. Anyone who sends their money to these morons deserves what they get. If it sounds to good to be true, it always is

BS for sure. He won't let me pay for it or pick it up in person... prefer wire transfer:

Dear sir,

"Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2004 Honda : CBR : CBR

1000 RR

I bought it directly from USA.The bike it has a Clear Title wich you

will receive it with the bike.It can be registerd into your name.Now the

bike is in ITALY.

You will get all the papers and recipients that you need for the

registration.

I love this bike but right now I must sell it.

The price I hope to obtain is 3500 USD (this price can includes the

shipping and insurance if you pay it fast) and if you agree with this

price we can start to complete the transaction.

I prefer the payment to be made via wire transfer because in this way i

will ship the Honda in the same day you make the payment.

If you have any questions please dont hezitate to email me back:

Thank you"

He loves the bike? That's funny... I thought it was nothing more than a trade-in? 😢 We need one of our Italian TT correspondants to bam this guy!

The news just did a story that many of the terrorist groups are actually using this type and the Nigerian email scams to make money. Seems it's easier money than drugs.... I wired money ONCE about 5 years ago. Never again!!!