Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know the difference between a TE and a WXC 610?

I'm looking for parts for my WXC but everybody's talking about TEs and they both look similar for 96 and 98. Could someone explain the difference between the TE anc the WXC. Are the engine and body parts interchangable?

TE is the enduro model with lights. The WXC was the cross country model. Back when Huskies had MX, cross country and enduro models.

Back in the 80's there was a few differences between the crosscountry,and the enduro model,in the 90's,it was the same bike,but you got a lighting kit,and 2 sets of decals,one set said WXC,one set said WXE,sooo if you put the lights on it it was a WXE,if you left them off it was a WXC! I bought a '93 360 ,and this was the case with it!I bought a 91 TC -motocross-no lighting kit,hotter cam than the WXE-WXC bike,and of course no kickstand,and different gearing,among a few other differences.Soo in the 90's in other words AFTER cagiva took over there are noo differences between the WXE's and WXC's.Yes body parts are interchange between the 2 as long as they are the same year,model,because THEY (WXE-WXC) are the same bike,and some years had same style or shape,but different color ,but they will fit,CALL A DEALER to check years that are interchangeable!!

• Like 1

From what I understand the enduro models were called WXC(no lights) or WXE(w/lights) from around '92 untill '97 or '98 when Husky just started calling them TEs, which is apparntly what they were called all along in europe. TE=enduro, TC=motocross. WXC/WXE models are the same as TE models for their specific year, and parts should be interchangable, unless there was a difference from one year to another such as upsidedown forks or conventional forks. The bike didn't change much from '92 to '99 except for year to year changes in the color and shape of the plastics, suspension and brakes. I own a '95WXC and '00TE 610 and they are quite different as Husky made big changes in 2000. There clear as mud!

I think it was only the US that did not have the TE designation. Australian models have been designated TC/TE since 92.