Sign in to follow this  

Twin Air Billet Cage

Has anyone actually used the billet cage ? or is it a waste of $$... When I had my 04 CRF250R I used the stock cage with the twin air filter but I was not to comfortable with the fit and I was wondering if the billet cage was a better fit. If not what filter are you guy using ...stock...I need a few so don't clean the same one all the time....

i have one, its the one with the sealing ring though. it has a much better fit and is a lot easier to install. worth the money.

I run it and I like it alot.The problem I have found is that the dual stage filters are crappy...I have 4 of them and 2 of the 4 are shot around the edges after a half season of racing...the other 2 are not since I rotated them into the rotation later down the road...not to mention the filters cost more.

i have one, its the one with the sealing ring though. it has a much better fit and is a lot easier to install. worth the money.

same here. You should either go for the WHOLE kit (with the billet sealing ring) or stick with OEM filters. In my experience, the stock sealing ring has very sharp edges and will slice up any filter other than the OEM filters with the rubber lip. The kit is nice and makes installing the filter/cage a no-brainer.