Sign in to follow this  

Brace question...

Im looking at the Asterisk Cell brace and was wondering...my boots come up fairly high on my leg, just a couple inches from my knee to be exact. WIll the braces interfeir with my boots or do they go over/under them??

The braces will fit under your boot. You'll have to loosen the top buckle and maybe the second buckle too. Asterisk Cells are fantastic 😢 but the little cloth straps that hold the kneecap cup in place tend to wear out. Not a problem tho as you can just replace them with zip ties when they break.

Yeah I agree. They will fit under your boot, just need to loosen it up alittle at the top. Otherwise they are a great brace!!

I'm not sure, but I think cells are only sold in pairs, that's one reason I'm even looking at this, they seem to sell individual left or right. I can't really ride until spring anyways so I've got time to look. I think if I could just get one cell I'd go that route. (Cells are Asterisk right?)

They do make the closure at the top of my boots a little loose, so water and crud can get in. Wearing over the boot pants will fix that or you could duct tape them.

I've got a pair I've had for over a year and they are a great product. Support is fantastic, they maintain a forum on dirtrider.net and have helped me with questions on fit and parts at no charge. On a side note, I would NOT ski without them! That's the market they should be going after, old guys on skis... 😢

I'm not sure, but I think cells are only sold in pairs, that's one reason I'm even looking at this, they seem to sell individual left or right. I can't really ride until spring anyways so I've got time to look. I think if I could just get one cell I'd go that route. (Cells are Asterisk right?)

Rockymountainatv.com sells them indivually just so you know. I get the good buddy discount from them so thats probably where i will buy. I had ACL reconstructive surgury on my right knee and wont be ridding till probably early spring, but would you guys recomend getting one for just the right side or the set? 500+ bucks sure does seem like an awful lot of money, but then again, new knees are hard to come by!

I have been riding racing since '97 with just one brace on my bad knee. I think I'm pushing it and would like to protect the other knee.

2nd Knee brace = 250.00 extra

2nd Surgery = Huge sums of cash and even more in pain.

Yeah, I would get both if I were you.

😢

It took me a while to get used to riding with knee brace's. The transition from sitting to standing can be more difficult and gets more tiring. They are also abrasive on your skin around the knee. Best way around that is to adopt a riding style that has you standing more and sitting less.

Worked for me. 😢