Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Advice

Looking at fitting a uni filter & cage to my bike and I have read in other posts that it should be rejetted to suit the higher airflow. Bike has HRC kit, not sure what size jets are in it at the moment. All riding is done close to sea level. Any input would be appreciated. Baffle & snorkel have been removed & header welds ground. 😢

Great to see another Aussie here on TT!! 😢

Holy [@#$%&*!]! You actually have the offical HRC Kit in your XR4!! How much did that cost? Heaps?? What does it include? How does it go? Good? Can you tell it difference easy?

Ah, I think you should be ok with how its jetted now, if your only adding a uni filter.

The bike cost me $9400 with the hrc kit fitted & rego. The kit consists of a high lift camshaft, high compression piston, bigger jets & heavy duty clutch springs. I think they sell for about $1200, probably cheaper to buy Wiseco or White Bros gear for a secondhand bike. I havent ridden a stock 400 so I cant compare them, I have had a short ride on a crf & wr450 and the xr seems to have heaps more torque but less top end of course. It will pull the front wheel up on the road in 4th with a bit of effort with 15/45 gearing. Hope to get a pipe before too long to get a bit more top end. 😢

Don't know how Au XRs come jetted from factory, but with those mods I'd say you should be running at least 160/60 at sea level.