FCR2 Jetting

Just put an 03 WR 450 FCR carb (AP, coast enricher, TPS, choke, and Cold Start) on my 03 DRZs with the following jetting @ sealevel:

160 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

42 pilot jet

70 pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

Is the pilot circuit too rich now? Or does the FCR2 riquire a richer pilot? I thought the standard was a 38 pilot with 70 pilot air jet.

Thanks!

Just put an 03 WR 450 FCR carb (AP, coast enricher, TPS, choke, and Cold Start) on my 03 DRZs with the following jetting @ sealevel:

160 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

42 pilot jet

70 pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

Is the pilot circuit too rich now? Or does the FCR2 riquire a richer pilot? I thought the standard was a 38 pilot with 70 pilot air jet.

Thanks!

Not sure but I think your alt. and temp. in the area you live is also needed to get a more accurate answer. ?

It runs good. Cold/hot starts really well.

I picked up a #38 pilot jet and the pilot air screw. But I'm thinking that it will be too lean with the #38 pilot jet because when turning the fuel screw to 1.5 turns out the idle hangs. Definatly idles better at 2 turns out. Havn't tried 2.5 turns out yet.

Guess I should leave well enough alone? ?

Slinger let us know the final settings you determine are best. I also have an FCR2 and have never quite gotten it dialed in perfectly. Everything feels good except no matter what I do with the jetting or the AP it has a pretty bad off idle bog. I'm at 4000 ft, 55' farenheit. 155 main, 42 pilot, 75 pilot air. JD red needle on clip 4.

I also got a FCR2 and my settings are:

Main jet: 160

Main air jet: 200

Pilot Jet: 42

Pilot air jet: 100

Fuel screw 1.5

Needle/Clip position: JD blue/3

I'm at sealevel, 20...80 fahrenheit and it runs great without any bog. At 20 its slightly better than at 80 so I probably try 158 mj next summer.